No announcement yet.

German Engineering Suspension GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received a sample back from the annodizer and it came back looking like it was bead blasted. They said its because of the material finish. I brought another one to an aerospace supplier and they said they can bright dip it first to achieve the finish i want. Only bad part is that it looks like i'll have to eat another $11 per kit. Owe well. At least i should make enough profit to afford a set for my car. Lol. On the right is what i received. The middle is was from the annodizer. The left is what i wanted. At least the springs are in the right size and color.

Originally posted by RagtopE30 View Post
    Just a quick question. Will these work with Vorshlag Camber plates?
    As long as you have the vorshlag upper spring hats you'll be fine.

Originally posted by ADCD875 View Post
    WOW!! That is way too low for me. Hopefully, I will be a bit higher (about 3/4 inch or so) both front and rear..
    These have 3" of adjustment up front and 1.5" in the rear so you should have not problem dialing a height that fits your driving style
    Last edited by einstein57; 01-26-2012, 06:02 PM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
      Received a sample back from the annodizer and it came back looking like it was bead blasted. They said its because of the material finish. I brought another one to an aerospace supplier and they said they can bright dip it first to achieve the finish i want. Only bad part is that it looks like i'll have to eat another $11 per kit. Owe well. At least i should make enough profit to afford a set for my car. Lol.
      Was this one of the red ones that you had re done? Just asking because usually when you strip anodize it leaves a matte finish due to the material being removed since anodizing etches the metal. If it was I would say the next batch will probably come out fine.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Yeah. That was the one that i had redone. The other company was confident they could still achieve the desired finish i want. Will have the sample friday or monday.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Man I know you want your product to have your colors but at this point there is no reason for you to eat any more money on my set. Regardless of the colors I will still rep your product 100%! I will be more than happy with red!
          450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

That dull finish isn't so bad honestly. I'm not a huge fan of "blingy" parts anyway. You can save $11 on my kit and send it to me like that :)
            85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
            e30 restoration and V8 swap
            24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Yeah. That was the one that i had redone. The other company was confident they could still achieve the desired finish i want. Will have the sample friday or monday.
              Just be cautious they don't etch too much off and make the threads sloppy.

On a side note. Just wanted to say its pretty cool to have people in the e30 community that see the needs of everyone and take their own time to pull something like this together.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

I actually like that finish, a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                  That dull finish isn't so bad honestly. I'm not a huge fan of "blingy" parts anyway. You can save $11 on my kit and send it to me like that :)
                  +1 ill take a set just like that.

Comment

Originally posted by RagtopE30 View Post
                    Man I know you want your product to have your colors but at this point there is no reason for you to eat any more money on my set. Regardless of the colors I will still rep your product 100%! I will be more than happy with red!
                    +2^
                    +3^
                    ... I dont want you spending more of your own money bro, Im sure ill be happy either-"color"-way.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Nothing special needed for me either, save the money for future badassery ;)

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

don't waste an extra $11 on my account either dude, and if you do decide to anyways I'll give you $11 np. appreciate all the hard work!

Comment

Im down for either one. I wouldnt mind spending another $11 for a awesome product.
                          Feedback
                          Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

I don't mind eating the extra $550 bucks to see my vision completed. Its so close and I just want them finished.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

x2
                              But what ever you decide works for me man. Thanks for bringing out more products for the e30.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

im easy, do what you want. i agree the finish you want looks best but whatever you decide works for me. if you want the $11 its yours. let me know
                                '84 325e - "Elizabeth"
                                '87 325e (SHELL) - "Sleeping Beauty" - COMPLETE PROJECT PART-OUT - S54, 5-LUG, and MORE

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X