German Engineering Suspension GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received everything. Many thanks..

Now, I need someone to describe me how to install the IE Race Plates. I have no idea what goes where, torque values, etc. etc. A schematics would help as well (depicting the order of assembly). There are multiple large washers.. It would be nice if Ireland Engineering include the instructions.

Thanks..

Comment

Yeah, also in for IE plate instructions.

The plates don't fit my 45mm Bilstein Sports. The inner race of the spherical bearing is .01" smaller then the part of the strut it's supposed to sit on, so I can't use them. I bought a set of 325ix Bilstein HD's, so we'll see if the neck of the shaft on the 51mm strut inserts is thinner then the neck of the 45mm strut inserts. Otherwise, there is something wrong.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

so here are a few shitty cell pics for now I have the ie race places and in the front the coil sleeve is 1.5 in from the bottom and in the rear it is 1in from the bottom so i can go a pretty good amount lower. I plan on lowering it when i put on my new wheels. Also jgood i had that same issue with the race plates not fitting onto the top of the bilstiens, one plate fit on with no problems and the other plate was a little stubborn but i eventually got it.
        [ATTACH]54578[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]54579[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]54580[/ATTACH]

BUILD-http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=242728

Comment

Originally posted by ADCD875 View Post
          . It would be nice if Ireland Engineering include the instructions.

Thanks..

Actually we do have schematics that should be going out with every plate. If either of you need the diagram, please PM me with your emails. I'll get them emailed first thing Monday.

Jgood, if you need the bearing sleeves adjusted, let me know, should only take a second on the lathe.

Sorry for the interruption Einstein.
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
            Actually we do have schematics that should be going out with every plate. If either of you need the diagram, please PM me with your emails. I'll get them emailed first thing Monday.

Jgood, if you need the bearing sleeves adjusted, let me know, should only take a second on the lathe.

PM on the way, thank you!

I have no problem boring the sleeves out, I just find it very unusual that I'm the only one with the problem. How many people are using these camber plates with Bilsteins without issue? Probably very many. Once I recieve my new inserts, I'll let you know how they fit. Maybe it's a weird 45mm insert issue? It's not like it's a slightly tight fit... The OD of the insert is larger then the ID of the race. It's not even remotely possible for it to fit without boring it out a decent amount.

While we're on the topic, I need a Bilstein gland nut. Part number B36-816. Anyone know a cheap source?

Comment

So the ix bilsteins have trouble fitting with GE's/Ireland's plates? This is the setup I plan on running so what's the resolution?

Comment

You just need to open up the bushing, that is inside the spherical bearing, a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by graphikg View Post
                  So the ix bilsteins have trouble fitting with GE's/Ireland's plates? This is the setup I plan on running so what's the resolution?
                  I don't believe anyone said anything about that.

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
                  You just need to open up the bushing, that is inside the spherical bearing, a little bit.
                  It's not something that can be "opened up". It's not like it's a flimsy piece of sheet metal in there, it's a thick spacer. It would need machined, or I'll need to use the strut insert that it was designed for. AKA, the 51mm vs the 45mm.

Comment

Of coarse i meant machine it. It's not like you can flex a bushing that is pressed into a spherical bearing :). Mine were only under by .003" or so. .010 is a lot.

Comment

Sent pm.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                        I don't believe anyone said anything about that.

It's not something that can be "opened up". It's not like it's a flimsy piece of sheet metal in there, it's a thick spacer. It would need machined, or I'll need to use the strut insert that it was designed for. AKA, the 51mm vs the 45mm.
                        ughhh more modification.

Comment

My bilstien ix hds do not fit the camber plates either. Is any one running a set of these with out modifying them?
                          What do we do now?

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

I had to do this with my D2 camber plates. They came with 4 bearing hole spacers (2 top, 2 bottom). The weird thing is, two fit my Konis fine, two were a tiny bit small. So I just took them all to a machinist and he fixed my problem.
                            Iirc there are two or three thicknesses for the top "stem", depending on strut manufacturer.

Comment

There does seem to be a smaller sized race pressed into the actual bearing race, almost like it was made to be smaller.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
                                What do we do now?

This is me offering help for anyone who needs it. The bearing is sleeved to fit Bilstein shafts.
                                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
                                X