No announcement yet.

German Engineering Suspension GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which kind of bilsteins is it supposed to fit? I tried and old set of sports i had laying around in the garage and my brand new ix hd's neither of them fit.
    I would send them to you but i dont really wanna pay to ship them to cali all over again, ill have to try find a machine shop in town i suppose.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

I had to press out the spacers that were in my plates and pressed in the extra set of spacers in order to use with my bilstein sports. The ones on the plates were too small.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

My coilover and camber plate setup arrived today, looks good and I'm going to throw the rears in tonight, fronts in next week when I've got some time off work.

I'll get some photos up when its all in but really happy with the product on sight.
        90 318i M62B44 OBD1
        02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

Brought my IE plates to work today to check them out before I tear into my whole front end tonight. One plate does in fact have a proper 14mm through hole for bilsteins in the spherical bearing while the other has a 13.75 hole. Whats the deal with this? I will fix mine here at work but these really shouldnt be going out to people like this.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
            I will fix mine here at work but these really shouldn't be going out to people like this.
            I would tend to agree, but frustratingly, I can't do anything over spilt milk, which is why I'm doing what I can to rectify it.

If there is anyone who has the wrong inner diameter please PM me.
            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
              I would tend to agree, but frustratingly, I can't do anything over spilt milk, which is why I'm doing what I can to rectify it.

If there is anyone who has the wrong inner diameter please PM me.
              I agree about the spilt milk. At least your willing to do something about it and thank you for sending out the diagram of the assembly. Makes the puzzle seem a lot easier lol.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Comment

Sorry for the headaches guys. I'll double check the next batch of plates on some new Bilsteins before i send them out.

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
                My coilover and camber plate setup arrived today, looks good and I'm going to throw the rears in tonight, fronts in next week when I've got some time off work.

I'll get some photos up when its all in but really happy with the product on sight.
                That was quick. It usually takes longer to ship to Canada.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

What am I missing with the IE plates? With all 4 retaining bolts in, there is no room to adjust? Anyone have pics of these installed?

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Comment

Might need to un-do all the allens bolts and do a 180 with the top plates.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Ok, problem solved. The additional bushings included with the plates fit perfectly on the Bilsteins. Push the old bushings out with a ~10mm socket in a vice, push the other ones in. To get them started straight, put the bushing on the Bilstein, put the plate one top, tighten the nut a bit. Then put it in the vice with the socket and finish pushing it in.

That's how I did it, anyway.
                      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                      e30 restoration and V8 swap
                      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

I tried putting the other set of bushings on my shocks and they still didnt fit. Machine shop i go i guess.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                          Might need to un-do all the allens bolts and do a 180 with the top plates.
                          I see how this would put it more in a "stock" location but why are these designed with very limited adjustability?
                          Here is the pic of mine before finally tightening. Its sitting at about -2.25 degrees camber and there is no way to get that back out of it. It's a bit too much for me as a daily. Maybe just run one set of bolts?

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Comment

^^^ that sure doesn't leave a lot of room for adjustment! You would think you could use the whole range?

Comment

With no offense, the problem isn't the design, but you're on the right track.

First, the plate can be flipped 180 degrees depending on where you need the adjustment.

Second, as you guessed, all four bolts are NOT needed. We simply include four just because, if not, I'd get calls asking why there are extra holes drilled in the top plate.

Preemptively, there are no degree markings on top, that is false security since the actual degree positions will vary depending on the rest of the setup. I use a paint marker while doing an alignment to use for future reference.
                              Pictures,

Here's a picture from the top with the adjustment near the middle, notice that you can rotate the plate so the offset drilled holes can be on either side, this is important to factor in if you are looking for maximum adjustments.

For example, here's a plate set at the maximum amount of positive camber. Notice that the top of the shock and the fender hole becomes the limiting factor. That's a lot of adjustment.

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                                With no offense, the problem isn't the design, but you're on the right track.

First, the plate can be flipped 180 degrees depending on where you need the adjustment.

Second, as you guessed, all four bolts are NOT needed. We simply include four just because, if not, I'd get calls asking why there are extra holes drilled in the top plate.

Preemptively, there are no degree markings on top, that is false security since the actual degree positions will vary depending on the rest of the setup. I use a paint marker while doing an alignment to use for future reference.
                                Pictures,

Here's a picture from the top with the adjustment near the middle, notice that you can rotate the plate so the offset drilled holes can be on either side, this is important to factor in if you are looking for maximum adjustments.

For example, here's a plate set at the maximum amount of positive camber. Notice that the top of the shock and the fender hole becomes the limiting factor. That's a lot of adjustment.

Thanks. I was almost sure that using only two would be good but I'm glad to hear it from the source.

I have to take it all apart tonight to flip the sleeves anyways due to not getting the drop I want so after that I'll re adjust the camber.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X