Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group Buy Feeler, 318is cat back muffler (Updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone. All units should start shipping this coming Monday.

Here is the count so far. We made a total of 12 units.

10 are sold

1 is spoken for, just waiting on shipping details and payment

1 has 2 folks inline, if the first backs out, the second gets it. So at this point I would consider this group buy closed out. I will make contact with the additional parties on Monday. If any are left after that, I will let you know.

Now on to pictures

The clamp used was temporary on this first install, all units will ship with a high quality band clamp.

Video. Taken with a old digital camera so sound and vid quality are not that great, but you get the idea.

I guess that is it for now.

I want to say thanks to all of those who participated. I am sure you will enjoy your new exhaust system.

C/Ya :)
    www.facebook.com/E30motorwerks

Comment

Feedback Please

Hey Hey,

Running a second round group buy for these soonn. I have had several inquires lately and have communicated with Stromung the possible opportunity to reintroduce these on a second group buy for the holidays.

I would like some feedback from anyone that purchased these on the first round.

We did have a few complaints about the tip rubbing the valance panel. This in most cases was due to old hanger hardware. In a couple cases it was the actual bracket on the body where bent.

When we mocked this system up, we used a 2.5 tip which we thought was too small to look acceptable the 3" really filled the cut out in the valance.

Honestly we like the 3". It is possible to offer a 2.75" tip. This would not be a option as they are produced as specified. So either they are all 2.75" or 3".

The price will remain the same at $399. Minimum order of 10, maximum order of unlimited.

If less then 4 protests of 3" then the default tip size will remain 3".

2nd Group Buy will start Nov 1st.

Thanks,

Comment

Nice product. I wonder how this would look with my mtech II rear bumper/valance?
        sigpic
        January 2012 COTM

Comment

I'm in if it's less than 95db.

Comment

Robert:

The above trial fit on the white car as shown - what size tip is that? 2.5, 2.75 or 3 ?

Comment

Man I wish this was available when I was looking for one. I think stromung should make this catback all the time. Not just limited production.
              Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
              http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I'm in let me know when it starts up again!

91 318is M50 swap
                89 325ic
                12 WRX Daily
                86 325e Sold
                88 325is (Parted out)
                06 330XI (Sold)
                91 318is-M20 turbo Sold :(
                91 318ic (Sold)
                87 528e (Sold)
                93 318is E36 (Parted out)
                92 325ic (Parted out)
                94 325i E36 (Sold)
                88 325ix (Sold)

Click my Signature to see the build!!^

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWentWong View Post
                  Robert:

The above trial fit on the white car as shown - what size tip is that? 2.5, 2.75 or 3 ?
                  Appropriate user name for this question. I looked at our advertisement and it claims a 3.5" tip

Accentuated with Stromung's iconic 3.5" stainless steel tip
                  I will however say after reviewing some of these pictures and revisiting the very few complaints we had, I am inclined to stay with the original design.

I actually talked today with a member that installed this system and he said he did have to adjust the pipes to get the perfect fit. At the same time I have seen many E30s with bent/broken/rusted hangers that would require adjustment to perfectly center the tip in the valance.

The current tip fills the valance in a very balanced way and unless there is significant complaints from existing owners of the current system I am not sure any change is needed.

I will work with Stromung and review the current setup and clarify the specifications.

Happy Halloween :firehop:

Comment

I have one, I love it, definitely not too loud, just right. My only complaint is the PO of my car cut the valence to fit a double tipped tip. so right now it sits off center of my opening, but thats not the products fault, when I get it painted I'll weld in a piece to make it OEM
                    1991 318is ---230K - DD
                    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Still doing a group buy definitely interested!

Comment

any idea on the weight of it?

I would like to be in on GB but postage to Australia might be a killer....
                        88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Missed out

DammiT!
                          I just bought a mint 91-318is with a new motor & a rusty muffler.
                          It might last a few months - PM me if anyone backs out - Maybe....
                          Kudos for setting this group buy up.

M4's are so much fun to drive.
                          I Love my Bimmer. :up:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316184

Comment

Today, a year after purchase, I finally got my act together and installed this exhaust that I bought with the first batch of this GB. At first I thought the tip was absolutely outrageously giagantic, but once on the car it filled out the stock M42 single round valence cut-out completely (sorry, I take back my complaints earlier). The installation was totally painless, which amounted to 2 hours including getting changed, helping my dad with the fence, two beers, doing rear sway bar links & bushings, and zip cutting two stubborn exhaust bolts. I see some people on the GB claimed fitment issues but the test build by Stromung was on a virgin and straight 318, and so is mine. With all new hardware, everything came together perfectly.

100km of burn in later it's a beautiful throaty tone, NO rasp, no drone. If you want quiet, simply roll the windows up. Not much of a performance gain unfortunately, other than slightly better throttle response. But this price range at $399 it's a no brainer since stock OEM steel suitcase cat back will easily run up to $300.

Comment

I posted earlier here or on M42 club (can't remember), but I love this exhaust! I love the low rumble sound at idle and it gives I nice authoritative growl with lots of great overtones when your winding through the gears. Really a solid great looking unit. My installer added an extra hanger, but it was fully bolt-n-play. I could not be happier!!

Comment

Any video?

Comment

Working...
                                X