Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group Buy Feeler, 318is cat back muffler (Updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group Buy Feeler, 318is cat back muffler (Updated)

Final Group Price of $399 for Genuine Stromung 318is Catback

All Final Commitments MUST be received by Sunday Jan,13th.

Sorry for the delays on this but it is time for final commitments.

Current information can be found here

I need your full name, shipping address, phone number and email address.

This will be passed on to Stromung who will contact you for payment and shipping details.

Please email service@e30motorwerks.com Use '318is cat back' as your subject line so I can keep all request grouped together.

Or call 714.398.8405

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Ok guys and gals,

I am working again with Stromung Exhuast and are looking into developing a cat back setup for the 90-91 318i/is.

We need to get a gauge of how many folks are interested and how much the market is willing to spend.

We would need a minimum of 10 committed buyers before production can start.

We have 2 options, only 1 will go into production. (Unless there is enough interest in both options)

#1, Lower cost, stainless piping from cat back, import muffler and tip

#2 Higher cost, genuine Stromung quality setup with stainless piping from cat back, Stromung muffler and branded tip.

We do not have price estimates as of right now as we need to gauge how many will be willing to invest.

To make the exhaust we either need someone local (SoCal) to bring me their 318is to make a jig with. (Must be 100% factory setup) Or we will simply order a new muffler assembly from the dealer and make the jig from that.

If your interested simply email me at service@e30motorwerks and use '318is cat back' as the subject line. Simply provide your name, zip code, and option 1 or 2 that your interested in.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Last edited by RobertC; 01-06-2013, 08:25 PM.
    www.facebook.com/E30motorwerks

email sent...i'm assuming it's '.com' at the end of e30motorwerks??
    1991 318is ---230K - DD
    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Wish someone was developing this back when i had my 318is.
      1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
      1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
      1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
      1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

I can't believe you still deal with them.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

intersted option 2
          Last edited by ///M42 sport; 08-12-2012, 11:59 AM.
          Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
          http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Good initiative. thanks for doing this.

Questions:

1) Low cost option: will the muffler be stainless construction?
            2) Low cost option: will it be near-stock sound levels or are you going after performance level? Would be nice to have an option that's close to stock.
            2) Either option: will they be designed to take stock mounting points, straps, hangars and rubber isolators? If not, what will be different?
            3) Ball park costs would be great (no commitment)

I am leaning option 1 simply because I don't want anything too loud.

Comment

please tell me it will be QUIET

i'd like a nice system but I don't want it to sound like a 4 cylinder with a 'zorst.
              88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

whats the count now? any chance this is gonna happen? for the stromung catback?

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWentWong View Post
                  Ball park costs would be great (no commitment)

I am leaning option 1 simply because I don't want anything too loud.
                  +1

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2
                  What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
                  90 325ix

Comment

why would you assume option one is quiet? Cheap equals questionable quality, likely rusting out in 3-5yrs. sound level is variable as well.

Stromung can likely build a "quiet" exhaust if its a custom order

Comment

Is this gonna happen?

Comment

lost a buy from me...got tired of waiting and ordered a oe catback

Comment

Sorry I took so long to reply to this, I apologize M42Sport for the delay.

The lower cost unbranded muffler and tip would still be stainless. Stromung does not produce cheap goods, even if it is imported product.

It is hard to judge how its going to sound using a import muffler. I do know the Stromung exhaust is very sporty, but at a gentleman's noise level.

Here is a youtube vid of a E36 318ti exhuast system. There are a few more if you do some searching. The engines are almost identical, so you can get a pretty good judgement of how the Stromung exhuast is going to sound.

I have received several emails and it seems a few of you are interested.

We where going to offer one or the other in regards the overall system design and it seems we are agreeing on building both by request.

We need a minimum of 5 each, or 10 total. Although this is a open group buy and there is no maximum order limit. This will be a limited one time run. After this group buy, there may never be another opportunity to own a genuine Stromung exhaust for your 318is.

I will should have some numbers/pricing after the Thanksgiving Break.

You can see some of Stromung's other BMW offerings at the link below.

Again, my apologies for the long wait.

Thanks,
                          Robert
                          service@e30motorwerks.com

Comment

Hey Guys,

Genuine Stromung Cat Back $399!

Retail will be at $459, so your getting a $60 savings.

Since the group buy price was able to be so low we have discarded plans to offer/build a 'aftermarket' system using non-branded import mufflers and tips.

All Final Commitments MUST be received by Sunday Jan,13th.

Sorry for the delays on this but it is time for final commitments.

I need your full name, shipping address, phone number and email address.

This will be passed on to Stromung who will contact you for payment and shipping details.

Please email service@e30motorwerks.com Use '318is cat back' as your subject line so I can keep all request grouped together.

Or call 714.398.8405

Current Information Here
                            Last edited by RobertC; 01-06-2013, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Hey Guys.

I did the group buy way back when for the m20 and the quality from Stromung is 2nd to none. All USA made, precision hand TIG welded, perfect polish, and the finished product was stunning. The sound is spot on for the car, and does not drone or cause anything but smiles when you stomp it. If you have the means to do so, jump on this, it may never be back again....
                              sigpic
                              Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

Working...
                              X