Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cmeritt91 View Post
    I've got the mason X-brace on my vert. Just the regular one that you order online. So this won't work with this? Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Not without modding the brace. The brace is made to fit both M3 and non M cars. So the front of the brace (M3 part) interferes with the skid plate. The brace needs to be cut along the front to fit under the skid plate.

If you don't want to deal with it. I'm happy to refund.

JH
    HIK Fab

Comment

Ah okay. I see what you are saying. Let me lift up the car tomorrow and take a look at what you mean and get back to you. I really want both so if it's just a trip-up at the front of it, I'm not worried. If it's way more, then I don't think I want to do it. These bolt up on the steering rack bolts right?

Comment

Yes, So both units utilize the same holes on the steering rack. Check out the pic in post #1. It's kind of hard to see but there is a "Z" bend from the holes to the main plate surface. The rear holes on the brace line up with the holes on the skid plate. I would say the brace needs to be cut a little more than half way through the forward set of holes. The skid plate holes measure about 1/2" inch from center of hole to the bend.

JH
        HIK Fab

Comment

just checking and found out about the extra price break .. ! and yup, sure as crap, i looked and the rebate was already there.

i seriously would not have minded if JGee kept the margin. it's stupid hard to make any kind of small enterprise work these days. i send serious respect.
          let's get some more guys in on this while we can.

bump for a great guy and supporter of the community.

Comment

^Thanks!

We will start shipping Tuesday. This is the worst week of the year to ship, with all the last minute rush and temporary workers. If anybody wants it shipped later please let me know. I can ship again Jan. 10.

Thanks everybody!

JH

HIK Fab

Comment

Originally posted by JGee View Post
              ^Thanks!

We will start shipping Tuesday. This is the worst week of the year to ship, with all the last minute rush and temporary workers. If anybody wants it shipped later please let me know. I can ship again Jan. 10.

Thanks everybody!

JH
              Jan 10th better for me.

Thanks

Comment

happy to have mine ship Jan 10th. Thanks -Max

Comment

OK, Thanks everybody!

Half of you have your skid plates and the other half were shipped yesterday. So everybody (except maybe the Canadian) should have their skid by Friday.

JH
                  HIK Fab

Comment

OK, Thanks everybody!

Half of you have your skid plates and the other half were shipped yesterday. So everybody (except maybe the Canadian) should have their skid by Friday.

JH
                    Arrived today, thanks for your work and timely communication.

Aloha

Comment

OK, Thanks everybody!

JH
                      it hit the border and disappeared into our postal system. i'm signed up for notices but all they can do is confirm it got to the border. i'm ok with patience.
                      it's not like anyone could use it for anything else so i'm not exactly concerned about theft per se.

edit : oddly there is a wk between the US and cdn tracking dates. US claims it left a week later than the cdn tracking lol.
                      cdn tracking says it left the US literally same day shipped. i sorta believe that, considering how much more efficient your shipping systems are.

if it has to come through vancouver it may be slow as a registered carrier pigeon. fire, flood, avalanche, and now excessive snow have all but destroyed the shipping routes.
                      Last edited by 82eye; 01-18-2022, 08:38 AM.

Comment

it's here.probably go see it tomorrow. reasonable duty too.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
                          it's here.probably go see it tomorrow. reasonable duty too.
                          Glad to hear it! That took an entire month which is about double the usual.

JH
                          HIK Fab

Comment

Working...
                          X