Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Your in. PM sent

But you and somecheese must pay today or someone else can snipe your spot.
    HIK Fab

Comment

Paying now

Comment

Originally posted by PutSomeCheeseOnIt View Post
        Id like one if the spot is still available let me know.
        Originally posted by Turbotalon92 View Post
        Put me in for the last spot --> M20
        Damn You guys filled in those spots right on time...

Anyway, JGee....

Did you hear from them today?
        Sorry to be so eager, just making sure. I am the local one picking my own skid plate up. I'm just sending one more reminder..LOL

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Good news, got the goods back from the paint shop.

Will start shipping tomorrow. :grin::grin::grin:

Butcher, Come on down!

JH
          HIK Fab

Comment

Ah looks like I'm too late?

Shoot me a PM if a spot opens up!

Comment

O.K.
              Got one open spot. First cashsheesh to HIK_GG at yahoo gets it.
              Offer ends today.
              HIK Fab

Comment

Thanks Everyone!

Group Buy is now CLOSED
                HIK Fab

Comment

Great product, installed and now have a bit more peace of mind. Thanks!

Comment

quick question, I got a skid plate fro my 318is last Christmas and ended up selling the car back in july but i took the plate off and left the welded flanges on the car. can i order new flanges to weld it onto my new 318? or do i have to have something fabbed?

thanks josh I

Comment

Originally posted by jintermont View Post
                      quick question, I got a skid plate fro my 318is last Christmas and ended up selling the car back in july but i took the plate off and left the welded flanges on the car. can i order new flanges to weld it onto my new 318? or do i have to have something fabbed?

thanks josh I

No problem, I have replacement flanges ready to go. Price is $55 shipped. ;)

FYI I also have replacement plates $140 and hoops (no flanges) $110.
                      HIK Fab

Comment

Hey everyone, I had my plate on for a couple months already and Im pretty low in my 318is. The plate has definitely saved me more than once since I daily drive my e30.

I've already ground it down so far that the bolts that hold the plate to the hoop are now being ground down as well. I take it now that these will become wear parts for me as I do not want to raise my car up just yet.

Here are some photos of what I'm talking about. Hopefully this will help others with options of what we could do with this problem.

Transaction Feedback

Comment

i went through sets of bolts daily with my other skid plate set up just like this. ended up redesigning the plate. i think the same is needed for this
                          -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                          -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                          MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                          Got Drop?? ;-)
                          Originally posted by JinormusJ
                          But of course
                          E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

I spoke with John (JGee) and these bolts are 8mmX60mm Grade 8.8 bolts.

As my first solution I was wondering if replacing the bolts with carriage Bolts and push from the bottom up and tighten the bolt from up top would be a better idea. Instead of the normal insert bolt up top tighten nut from the bottom.

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
                              i went through sets of bolts daily with my other skid plate set up just like this. ended up redesigning the plate. i think the same is needed for this
                              Please share, unless this is something you plan on profiting from.

Thanks for taking the time to read my comment.

Any other input or suggestions please explain, Im going to be doing this the next week or so.

Transaction Feedback

Comment

well i dont have a severe duty plate so my front mounts was just to the core support(so those bolts were safe) but at the back i was mounted to the subframe and it was a bad design from the start. ended up fabing up tabs that let the rear of the plate mount up and "hug" the front sub-frame as it bolted up higher along the natural bend that it had.

i eventually want to make the front mount like these do. to the frame via a hoop, but i may just weld the plate to the hoop (since it detaches up higher) no need for two points that are removable up front.

i know that "shoot i think im a little low" feeling

photobucket is being slow for me. idk if i have proper pics of the rear mount setup.
                                Last edited by CHIF8008; 03-10-2013, 05:09 PM.
                                -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                                -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                                MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                                Got Drop?? ;-)
                                Originally posted by JinormusJ
                                But of course
                                E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Working...
                                X