Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
    well i dont have a severe duty plate so my front mounts was just to the core support(so those bolts were safe) but at the back i was mounted to the subframe and it was a bad design from the start. ended up fabing up tabs that let the rear of the plate mount up and "hug" the front sub-frame as it bolted up higher along the natural bend that it had.

i eventually want to make the front mount like these do. to the frame via a hoop, but i may just weld the plate to the hoop (since it detaches up higher) no need for two points that are removable up front.

i know that "shoot i think im a little low" feeling
    [IMG]http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/CHIF8008/e30/044.jpg[IMG]

photobucket is being slow for me. idk if i have proper pics of the rear mount setup.
    Ha thats crazy thanks for sharing but I'm going to ask for more info on your setup please... Is there a thread i can see your process of it?

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post

WOW! Hope you don't have any fuel leaks with all the sparks you must be generating.

In early prototypes we used counter sunk bolts which worked good until we went with 8mm bolts then the head of the bolt became thicker than the plate itself preventing tightening of the bolts. You could use 6mm bolts counter sink the plate and your good.

You need to replenish the "ribs" with some fresh angle iron. Its 1/2 angle if your in the neighborhood stop by I give some scrapes or drop the plate off and I'll hook you up with a refresh job for 40 bones.

The carriage bolts are going to be difficult to tighten as the plate does not have square holes. Welding them would be better but, the bolts you have now are about the same height of a carriage bolt so how long are they going to last?

Welding the plate to the hoop is another option not a solution for me (shipping) but, you can still remove the entire unit if needed.

^^Clif if want a hoop let me know I have some options (cut to fit). If you are or going to be one of my many competitors please talk about it elsewhere.

JH
      HIK Fab

Comment

fuhh something like this for my e24 would be awesome! pm me if youd be down. im local

Comment

First let me start by relaying a message from my oil pan:

"THANK YOU FOR MAKING A AMAZING PRODUCT!!!"

Seriously this plate has taken some serious shit, I have been told my car has gotten air born a couple of times. And thanks to this plate I am still on my first oil pan on my m42. Here is a picture I think you might enjoy:

Thank you in advanced, also thank you for making such a great product.

Comment

A bunch of people have been asking if this Skid Plate is still available and the answer is Hell Ya.

I will be at the e30 Motor Werks Car Show/BBQ this weekend with a one day only 10% off everything sale. Cya there! (I will most likely be grilling.)

Check the website for products available. HIKFabrication.com

INFO:
            6th Annual Car Show & BBQ
            Saturday, June 15th, 2013
            10AM-3PM

Shop Location:
            17671 Metzler Lane, Unit A5
            Huntington Beach, CA 92647

JH
            HIK Fab

Comment

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post
              As my first solution I was wondering if replacing the bolts with carriage Bolts and push from the bottom up and tighten the bolt from up top would be a better idea. Instead of the normal insert bolt up top tighten nut from the bottom.
              The severe duty has been redesigned a bit. Check it out

IMG_4772
              JH
              Last edited by JGee; 10-13-2017, 06:56 PM.
              HIK Fab

Comment

Originally posted by JGee View Post

JH
                More info please

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
                -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

hey im interested ! M20 to NJ?!
                  [/SIGPIC]

Comment

This is bay far the best plate on the market, nothing else comes close, or can compare to it. I love mine, and recommend everyone get one, even on a non lowered daily! :)

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                      More info please
                      The people wanted flush bolts. Countersunk black nickle coated 12.9 grade bolts you will have.

Originally posted by Ruggznick View Post
                      hey im interested ! M20 to NJ?!
                      In stock ready to go. Price is $330 shipped. PayPal is John@HIKFabrication.com

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                      This is bay far the best plate on the market, nothing else comes close, or can compare to it. I love mine, and recommend everyone get one, even on a non lowered daily! :)
                      Thanks Matt.

JH
                      HIK Fab

Comment

just bought mine. cant wait for it to get here!

Comment

Saw these on e30tech and I almost gave up hope of getting my hands on one knowing I'd never get activated

So glad these are on here on r3v as well. This is the first an last plate I'd ever need

Comment

Dont hesitate, these are way better then any other plate available

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I can't recommend this enough. This skid plate is the best.
                              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by JGee View Post

JH
                                Possibility of an upgrade? I have the last version with exposed bolts.

How much? For just the countersunk plate and bolts, I don't need the hoop bar.

Please let me know Ive been changing out the bolts here and there and its annoying!

Discount for helping with the carriage bolt now counter sunk bolt idea? .. LOL
                                Last edited by thebutcher37; 06-10-2014, 08:08 PM.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X