Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Duty Skid Plate Group Buy (OPEN)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hey! John... thanks for the quick response ... I received my hardware kit... my skidplate will be mounted next week ... :up:

    Thank you and kind regards,

    EJ

    Comment


      Originally posted by RCtheRed View Post
      Will these be in production or in stock past this year? Can't invest this soon but hope to buy myself a Christmas present that lasts.
      Right on!
      This heavy duty skid plate will be in production for the foreseeable future.
      Thanks for considering this skid plate an investment. It has saved many people several times the cost of the skid plate.

      JH
      HIK Fab

      Comment


        Cyber Monday Sale

        Originally posted by crzylildude View Post
        Hey! John... thanks for the quick response ... I received my hardware kit... my skidplate will be mounted next week ... :up:

        Thank you and kind regards,

        EJ
        No Problem EJ. Enjoy!



        First Ever SALE! Today CYBER Monday ONLY! Get the best Severe Heavy Duty e30 Skid Plate ever made. $20 off

        PM me your email and I will send you an invoice.


        JH
        HIK Fab

        Comment


          Need to give John the appropriate props/shout out/thanks/recommendation. I bought my first skid plate from him after I trashed my oil pan and oil pump in my '89 cabrio. After cleaning up the wreckage, immediately bought this and got it installed. Shipping and communication were top notch.

          Fast forward to just before thanksgiving, where a lady in a new Mercedes thought it'd be a good idea to hang a left directly in front of me. Totaled the cabrio.

          As any good e30 owner would do, I went out and bought another one. As soon as I got it home, emailed John and ordered a new skid plate. Unfortunately, the good folks at UPS managed to lose/misdeliver/whatever else you'd like to call it where they say they've dropped it off but it's not there. I emailed John and asked him to check with UPS. They were less than helpful. John handled all of the communication, and after learning that they had, in fact, lost it, promptly shipped me another one.

          I could not have asked him to handle this in a more expedient, friendly, generally helpful manner. My only complaint is that this is a product I won't have to buy again until I get another e30, because John has earned a customer for life in me.

          TL; DR: If you're considering getting one of these, do it, now. John not only produces a top-notch, bullet-proof product, but also provides some of the best customer service I have ever received. I can't praise him and his product highly enough. Thanks again!!
          Last edited by SwimBrad; 01-13-2016, 11:27 AM.

          Comment


            Got a couple questions lately, if these skid plates are still available.

            The answer is YES and they are still the same price they have been for years. $280

            Please check out my other products through the link below. (especially if you need a nice tight roll bar)

            JH
            HIK Fab

            Comment


              Originally posted by JGee View Post
              Got a couple questions lately, if these skid plates are still available.

              The answer is YES and they are still the same price they have been for years. $280

              Please check out my other products through the link below. (especially if you need a nice tight roll bar)

              JH
              You still offer installation for us locals?


              Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
              '91 318is
              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by sandrune View Post
                You still offer installation for us locals?
                YES Sir, ;)
                HIK Fab

                Comment


                  Originally posted by JGee View Post
                  YES Sir, ;)
                  How would I go a out setting that up? Just drop by the shop? Still haven't ordered my plate but should this coming week

                  Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
                  '91 318is
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    ^ PM sent
                    HIK Fab

                    Comment


                      Don't be afraid to grab one of these guys. I just installed mine and am really happy with the quality and fitment. I had Justin at GAS do the install and it sure is pretty!

                      Keep up the good work John!
                      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

                      Comment


                        Has anyone broke a pan with one of these? I hit you up about buying one a few months ago and then later decided I would probably be good with a red 46 but ended up breaking my pan this week and now I'm really hating myself for not getting this. May still upgrade to this rather then replace pan and try my luck some more.

                        Comment


                          How low does this set on the ground on an E30 m20? Does it sit lower than the IS Lip Spoiler?
                          "Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens"

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
                            Has anyone broke a pan with one of these? I hit you up about buying one a few months ago and then later decided I would probably be good with a red 46 but ended up breaking my pan this week and now I'm really hating myself for not getting this. May still upgrade to this rather then replace pan and try my luck some more.
                            This thing takes a beating. I'll post a picture of mine up, I just got done with a 2000 Mile trip to Yellowstone and back all with it sitting an inch or so off the ground because I'm just that low. There were some HEAVY hits but I'm still rolling. I'll post some up in a few hours for you

                            Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
                            '91 318is
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by sandrune View Post
                              This thing takes a beating. I'll post a picture of mine up, I just got done with a 2000 Mile trip to Yellowstone and back all with it sitting an inch or so off the ground because I'm just that low. There were some HEAVY hits but I'm still rolling. I'll post some up in a few hours for you

                              Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk


                              Please do, I just want something that I can drive as fast as I want with on the street and not worry about having to break. I wonder if it's strong enough to save your pan if you spun out and went over a curb or something of that nature.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
                                Please do, I just want something that I can drive as fast as I want with on the street and not worry about having to break. I wonder if it's strong enough to save your pan if you spun out and went over a curb or something of that nature.
                                Alright here are some pictures for you. This thing is in insanely great condition after my 4000 mile trip. I wasn't driving slow, was pretty much 90 the whole way out there. And as I said the plate for me is an inch or so off the ground because of how low my car sits. I even went off road for 10 miles or so and took some hard hits to some big rocks. This thing is sturdy. I believe his only reported pan break is from a guy that was jumping the car. It's easy to remove if you have some engine work to do but it's not going to budge at all while it's installed. and here's a Picture of the road I was off roading on. Given I was crawling through here, not at any speed but still I was more afraid of getting stuck cause of my height then breaking a pan.

                                Get the plate. It's the best out there

                                Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
                                '91 318is
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X