No announcement yet.

318iS Stromung Catback Group Buy 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a charge on my card for the exhaust, but nothing in the mail and no contact from Stromung. Called them several times, haven't gotten a response. Anyone else still waiting?
    1998 M3 - Sold
    1991 318i - Sold
    1998 323is - Daily
    1986 325es - Project

Comment

It took a week from when I got off the phone with them and them to get notification that a shipping label was created. Then another week till it arrived. Mine bolted up perfect no fient issues.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
        ^man i thought I was crazy for being the only person with leaking issues (at the cat/muffler connection) from the group buy last fall but it's good to see it's not just me. I'm going to pick one of those donuts up and get it in the car in a week or two and see if that helps.
        The Bosal 256-737 I ordered isn't working, at least not on the Magnaflow system. I've got serious leaks. I've e-mailed Magnaflow asking what gasket I'm supposed to be using with their system.

The Bosal is what's listed at AutoZone and Amazon for the 318is, so I'm guessing it will work on the stock system, but I have no clue or way to verify.
        91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

OCell, just gonna chime in here and tell you there is NO donut there. The outlet of the cat (if it's still original) is bulbed which fits well with the flare from the inlet of the Stromung. When I installed mine I used factory parts and things fit with no issues. If both ends are flared then your stuff isn't all OE, and yes a donut would be in order. FYI the red car in the OP's photos is of my install.

You are misleading yourself by looking at another exhaust that is for the M20 dual pipe set up. Both pipes in that case require donuts, and even then one is different from the other to take up the manufacturing tolerances between the two pipes. Your single pipe M42 has no such issues so don't get distracted.

Originally posted by Ocell View Post
          The Bosal 256-737 I ordered isn't working, at least not on the Magnaflow system. I've got serious leaks. I've e-mailed Magnaflow asking what gasket I'm supposed to be using with their system.

The Bosal is what's listed at AutoZone and Amazon for the 318is, so I'm guessing it will work on the stock system, but I have no clue or way to verify.
          Last edited by WhatWentWong; 06-09-2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I'm interested in this because I need a complete new exhaust system for my M42.

Can I get a video of the sound?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWentWong View Post
              OCell, just gonna chime in here and tell you there is NO donut there. The outlet of the cat (if it's still original) is bulbed which fits well with the flare from the inlet of the Stromung. When I installed mine I used factory parts and things fit with no issues. If both ends are flared then your stuff isn't all OE, and yes a donut would be in order. FYI the red car in the OP's photos is of my install.

You are misleading yourself by looking at another exhaust that is for the M20 dual pipe set up. Both pipes in that case require donuts, and even then one is different from the other to take up the manufacturing tolerances between the two pipes. Your single pipe M42 has no such issues so don't get distracted.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...5&postcount=77

Thanks for the input. I'm not dealing with a factory system, unfortunately. I'm dealing with a Mangaflow "direct-fit" cat system. I've e-mailed them asking what gasket they expect to work with their system but I haven't heard back yet. I originally bolted it up without any gasket and I'm pretty sure there were massive leaks like I have now.

Scott at Stromung also confirmed the need for a gasket when I e-mailed him a photo.

I don't follow what you're saying about the M20 system, though. I don't remember mentioning a M20 system.

I'm so close to just welding the damn thing.
              91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ocell View Post

I don't follow what you're saying about the M20 system, though. I don't remember mentioning a M20 system.

I'm so close to just welding the damn thing.
                Somewhere up there is a photo with a dual pipe system showing donuts. That's not an M42 system and looks damn close to the M20 system that I installed on my dad's car. That set up requires different donuts on each of the two pipes - one is a slip-over crush collar, the other is truly a donut. It doesn't matter to you anyway tho.

Comment

Damn, discovered this too late! If anyone is willing to sell me theirs :D

Comment

Still havnt got around to having my current exhaust fabbed up so I can install this.

Comment

I have one for sale from the original group buy a few years ago PM me if anyone is intrested. New in the wrapper $429.00 plus paypal and shipping or local pickup would be great!
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

getouth you will be getting a pm

Comment

Originally posted by MadMan17 View Post
                          getouth you will be getting a pm
                          I bought this exhaust from him, and got it last week.

Sent from my Samsung Note 4
                          '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                          '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Any FS?

I'm guessing it's too late for the group buy. Does anyone have one for sale? Or will stromung take a custom order?

Comment

I want one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              E30///318is Hartge

Comment

I'm selling mine from this group buy if anybody is interested in buying it. Asking $350, local pickup!

Comment

Working...
                                X