No announcement yet.

318iS Stromung Catback Group Buy 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is still being processed its been almost a week and has not been delivered. kinda strange.

Comment

I was part of last year's Group Buy, although I just installed the exhaust today. Hang in there and be patient, shipping did take a little while but it was well worth the wait.

The install was fast and easy: I was finished in about two hours working by myself with jack stands in the garage. I bought new hardware from Blount, which really helped the process.

As others have said, the sound a deeper, throaty growl with no drone noticed on my short test drive today.

Good luck to everyone, and let me know if anyone wants to buy a used BMW-branded OEM cat-back exhaust!

John

Comment

Shipped

Mine shipped yesterday and will be delivered on Thursday, now need hangers, hi flow cat and resonator and done with new exhaust.

Comment

Are the new hangers and hardware necessary? It's like $65 for new hardware.

Comment

You have a $400 cat back and $65 is too steep? Why not just use your current hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by CB-M3 View Post
              Are the new hangers and hardware necessary? It's like $65 for new hardware.
              No, if yours are in good shape you could use them. I would replace the donuts though unless you recently put them on.
              Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Mine came in. I am stupid anxious to get it bolted up, but unfortunately my car's all taken apart right now.

Plugged it all together with the Magnaflow cat section I also got as a sanity check. This is my first time dealing with exhaust, so I didn't realize I needed the springs and bolts to bolt up the flange between the cat and the muffler section. Thankfully BluntTech is coming to the rescue and getting me the hardware fast.

Here's a pic of me playing Legos in the living room. Cat for scale.

Last edited by Ocell; 05-07-2015, 02:40 PM.
                91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Originally posted by boxy30 View Post
                  The last list ended at dtm@heart. Looking at time of posts and when I received PM's, looks like the list of folks who didn't make the original list are:

1. 240trainee
                  2. johnwoo
                  3. Merlin8
                  4. SlickAlpinweiss (? are you still in?)

Scott told me he's waiting on 2 people to pay from the original group. And that he has 4 systems left over. 240trainee has already sent me his name, address, and phone number, but if you haven't and want to get in, send that info to me and I'll forward it to Scott.
                  Hopefully I hear from him!!!

Comment

I haven't heard anything yet either

Comment

They're off on Fridays - you should expect to hear from Scott early next week hopefully.

Comment

Mine finally shipped I'll have it wendsday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

aah so we need spring bolts too? p/n for bluntech?

Comment

I needed them because the system that came on my car when I bought it was welded from the header back.

Part numbers are:

bolt 18301728074
                            spring 11761716668
                            nut 11621711954

You'll need two of each.

Comment

Hey Ocell, what magnaflow cat section did you use?

Comment

I got this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully I'll bolt it all up tomorrow. I'll try to remember to post back to let you know if I had any issues or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X