No announcement yet.

318iS Stromung Catback Group Buy 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in the previous GB. It seems like it took forever to get it but, it was worth the wait.

Very happy with mine. Good throaty sound. I love listening to it. The radio rarely comes on. You will see! Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Ocell View Post
      I got this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully I'll bolt it all up tomorrow. I'll try to remember to post back to let you know if I had any issues or not.
      If your cat is bad you can just weld in the universal magnaflow cat section. Don't need the whole system from header. I couldn't pass emissions so I had to replace mine. Paid $50 for shop to weld it in.

Comment

Originally posted by CB-M3 View Post
        If your cat is bad you can just weld in the universal magnaflow cat section. Don't need the whole system from header. I couldn't pass emissions so I had to replace mine. Paid $50 for shop to weld it in.

http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-9400...agnaflow+94004
        I needed the whole system because the exhaust system that came in the car was welded front to back, so I had nothing to bolt the cat-back to. It was also full of leaks I'd have to have fixed, and just didn't fit the car as tight as I'd like. It was easier/faster to buy the whole system than to have my existing system hacked up and rewelded, and now I can bolt up systems designed for the car without modifications.

I hope. I still haven't bolted it up yet.
        91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Here is the exhaust out of the box.
          Attached Files

Comment

Should there be a compression gasket in this joint between the cat-back system and the front half of the exhaust system?

I can't find any part numbers or reference to one in part diagrams on RealOEM, and I don't see any generic parts at the auto shop store. I'm new to exhaust, and feeling pretty lost here.

Comment

Figured it out sort of. Yes, there should be a donut gasket there. I don't know what size it needs to be. I grabbed the only one that looked like it would work from a local muffler shop. Should be able to try it out this evening. If anyone knows the exact dimensions I need, I'd love to know.
              Last edited by Ocell; 05-15-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

There isn't a gasket in there as far as I recall. Just tighten the bolts, because of the way the front slips into the rear it creates a good seal as the flow is the right way, hope that makes sense..

Comment

No gasket on mine either. Works fine, no leaks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't heard anything yet on the waiting list.

Comment

Interesting. I had e-mailed Scott and he said that there's a donut gasket needed there, but they don't include one because everyone uses the one that's already on the original system. Are you guys bolting up to the stock system? Maybe you're reusing the donut gasket that was already on there without realizing it?

This one's slightly different from what I'm working with... the flange has a bevel so the donut has bevels on both sides. From what I can tell the gasket needed for our system is beveled on the muffler side and flat on the cat side. Or at least for my Magnaflow.

If there's really not a gasket needed here, then my Magnaflow cat section must have some holes in it. I've got hella leak.

Comment

Was wondering the same thing. I'm just gonna use my current one hopefully its in good shape

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe you're reusing the donut gasket that was already on there without realizing it?
                          You may be right, I don't recall. I did have a replacement cat installed a couple of years ago and it may have had a good donut that I didn't notice. So take my above comment for what its worth (nothing).

Comment

Yep, bolted mine to the stock system and I think your right, there is a 'donut' on the stock system which is why I didn't need one. I forgot you were bolting up to a Magnaflow..

Comment

Bump for waiting list

Comment

got mine on today. sounds great only issue im having is the exhaust is touching the valence on the left side how do i adjust this? its making a rattle sound

Comment

Working...
                                X