APEX | 17" 4-Lug ARC-8 Pre Group-Buy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bejoe16 View Post
    I also agree. Just to get this thing going I would like the original spec wheel.
    +1, I need new tires soon too and don't want to waste money on another set of 15s. If that happens I might have to pass on these.
    2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

I really like the profile 3 which is using the 8.5" size.

Comment

If the only way we could get this going is by the 17x8 size I'd still be up for it
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
        Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

If the 17x8's are the only option at this point, at least make them higher offset (et 15-20). Still not a huge fan of the flat face wheels, but I'd consider them if they aren't et 25. Not that opinions matter anymore in this thread lol.

Edit: 17x8 et15 with 235/40 is ideal:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=126651
          (Yes, it's an e30 m3 5 lug setup, but it's essentially the same)
          Last edited by ian e30 318is; 06-02-2016, 10:41 PM.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
          Instagram:
          https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
          LS Build Thread:
          https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

This thread is bipolar as hell

Considering Apex hasn't even set up an official poll yet, the five months since this was first launched, and the very limited feedback from those in charge--I am done worrying about this until something is in production and actually available for purchase. I realize these things take time, commitment, and a host of other things, but I know I can speak for at least a few of us who are frustrated with lack of communication.
            Last edited by chondamx; 06-03-2016, 07:16 AM.
            '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

Originally posted by chondamx View Post
              This thread is bipolar as hell

Considering Apex hasn't even set up an official poll yet, the five months since this was first launched, and the very limited feedback from those in charge--I am done worrying about this until something is in production and actually available for purchase. I realize these things take time, commitment, and a host of other things, but I know I can speak for at least a few of us who are frustrated with lack of communication.
              That's kinda the point I made a month ago. We are relying on someone using an ex employee account on one of about 6 forums (not to mention Facebook groups). If it's gonna happen someone will need to step up and work directly with Apex.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

We recently modeled aftermarket brakes into CAD and checked clearances.

Test results are as follows:

UUC's 11.75" kit would require a 4mm spacer to have at least 2-3mm of clearance to the spokes with a concave 17x8.5" ET20 wheel. Lee's Massive 280x22mm Dynapro kit would require a 5mm spacer. Lee's 300x22mm Superlite kit would require a 13.5mm spacer.

With a 17x9" ET25 wheel those same kits would require a 3mm, 4mm, and 12.5mm spacer respectively, in order to have 2-3mm of spoke clearance.

You can take those spacer numbers and determine final spacer-free offsets, which is basically 17x8.5" ET15 and 17x9" ET20 respectively. I believe 17x9" ET20 would still hit the strut, so it would need an even lower offset similar to the ones mentioned previously.

Both wheels can be produced in offsets that would clear BBK's but they're aggressive. This thread started as an offer to reproduce 17x8" wheels and it expanded from there. Recent posts are requesting a 17x10" wheel.

In today's staff meeting, we've determined this project has become too fragmented, and it's lost it's sense of direction. We've committed to moving forward with an official Group Buy feeler for only the 17x8" ET25 wheel while we separately continue to determine what concave wheel to produce if any. That deal will be live next week. The only variable that will be voted on by the community will be what color to produce the wheel in.

When demand for concave wheels is less fragmented and there's a clear solution we'll proceed with a formal group buy production run.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Perfect. Please keep us updated with a link to the group buy feeler for the 17x8" this is where it started and I'm sure we'll have enough people to get it going. That size is perfect for a nice size tire and for me, more importantly, will clear my angle kit and not hit my control arm at full lock. Thank you!

As for color, im literally down for whatever the majority vote would be lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                  -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Thanks for updating us, and for doing all of the modeling!

Originally posted by whysimon
                    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I feel you had more than enough support for cancave wheels. Interest wasn't lost, people just died down as we waited for updates. This sucks because while the flat faces are very functional for fitting a proper size tire, I feel they are terribly boring. I think if you did of concave wheels they would for sure sell out like the 17x8 flat faces do. :(

Originally posted by blunttech
                      Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                        I feel you had more than enough support for cancave wheels. Interest wasn't lost, people just died down as we waited for updates. This sucks because while the flat faces are very functional for fitting a proper size tire, I feel they are terribly boring. I think if you did of concave wheels they would for sure sell out like the 17x8 flat faces do. :(
                        I agree...I think there was more interest for a 17x8.5/9 than the 17x8 original. My interest is pretty low at this point. 17x8 et25 with flat faces are pretty boring like you said. Even a push out of the offset would make them look a little better, but it sounds like it's all said and done at this point.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                        Instagram:
                        https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                        LS Build Thread:
                        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

The interest for original flat faces looked to be about 4-6 people. Where as the majority of this thread was people interested in some sort of concave design.

Originally posted by blunttech
                          Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

I am willing to wait for a concave option if y'all are sure it will be made. I don't want to be waiting on just a "maybe", but I do understand how business works and that lots of folks talk but then don't bite the gun when it's available
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
                            Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Man, after going to Bimmerfest last weekend, I was really hoping that the concave would come out because my buddies and I thought they looked dope on the e46s out there. My interest is gone if you're not making the concave wheel.

Comment

Awesome- looking forward to having two sets of dedicated street and track wheels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                -Brandon
                                '86 325es S50
                                '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                                '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                                '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                                S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Working...
                                X