• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161116_164358.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	7189284

Is it possible to buy 2 extras? I know the original GB was 4, but now that you've produced them, I thought I'd see if you have extra sets. Same as the 17x8.5 concave above
    sigpic
    Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
    88 Alpine 325i
    1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Originally posted by f4tj0n View Post
      Thank you APEX for going through with the group buy and all of the hard work. Greatly appreciated!

I'm having issues with my set clearing the front brake caliper bracket! Did yours clear just fine??
      '91 318is turbo

Comment

I just received my set. Sat out in front for a whole day since no one was home. Good thing everything was fine. Didn't get a tracking number though. Anyways, i can't wait to try these out.

"Stand tall and shake the heaven."
        "Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens"

Comment

Originally posted by dpmcdonald View Post
          I'm having issues with my set clearing the front brake caliper bracket! Did yours clear just fine??
          Can you post a pic of where/how much the caliper is interfering?
          '92 MTech cabrio: Tesla P85 powered

IG: telsa_bimmer

'95 Alpine M3 5.3 LS, Precision 7675, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
          10.4@136 pump gas at 3530lbs. (SOLD)

Comment

Yes, I had to use a 5mm spacer to clear my front brakes. A 3mm spacer might work, but i had a pair of 5mm already.

Comment

Originally posted by jon volk View Post
              Can you post a pic of where/how much the caliper is interfering?

Unfortunately I didn't snap a shot of it while the car was in the air. But I've attached an image of the problem area.

It's really close. It contacts and the top and bottom of the caliper bracket.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by dpmcdonald; 11-18-2016, 10:29 AM.
              '91 318is turbo

Comment

Yes, I had to use a 5mm spacer to clear my front brakes. A 3mm spacer might work, but i had a pair of 5mm already.

I see. Well, I don't want to run a spacer and bought these under the impression I wouldn't have to. I was told these wheels would even clear a BBK.
                '91 318is turbo

Comment

Originally posted by APEX Race Parts View Post

-Matt

Matt, can you chime in here?
                  '91 318is turbo

Comment

I don't want to steal anyone's thunder but I spoke with Matt regarding this.

I'm running a UUC BBK, and the concave version of these wheels.

I was told even with the UUC BBK I should only need a 5mm Spacer, however the first gentleman here (with the red car) also said he needed to run a 5mm spacer as well. If you wanted a set without the need for spacers and BBK clearance the flat faced were the ideal choice. Realistically a 5mm Spacer isn't a big deal imo. Personally I am more concerned if the tires will rub with the required spacer.

For the groups knowledge I haven't test fitted these wheels yet with my BBK.

Comment

I see. Well, I don't want to run a spacer and bought these under the impression I wouldn't have to. I was told these wheels would even clear a BBK.
                      I was under the same impression but I don't mind the little baby spacer. I'm sure you can shave the bridge down a little bit to make it clear without really sacrificing the strength.

Comment

Originally posted by essi1553 View Post
                        I don't want to steal anyone's thunder but I spoke with Matt regarding this.

I'm running a UUC BBK, and the concave version of these wheels.

I was told even with the UUC BBK I should only need a 5mm Spacer, however the first gentleman here (with the red car) also said he needed to run a 5mm spacer as well. If you wanted a set without the need for spacers and BBK clearance the flat faced were the ideal choice. Realistically a 5mm Spacer isn't a big deal imo. Personally I am more concerned if the tires will rub with the required spacer.

For the groups knowledge I haven't test fitted these wheels yet with my BBK.
                        Everything you said. When I was first deciding on concave or not, Matt and UUC did template tests with the flat face Arc-8. Flat face will clear the biggest BBK on the market for a 4 lug e30. Concave would not.

I'm sure you could grind down that portion of the bracket a hair on the OE brake caliper, but I can see why one wouldn't want to do that.
                        No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

Originally posted by essi1553 View Post
                          What is your suspension setup? (If you don't mind me asking)
                          I have the Ground Control kit with the Street Touring plates.

Comment

I was under the same impression but I don't mind the little baby spacer. I'm sure you can shave the bridge down a little bit to make it clear without really sacrificing the strength.
                            That is my plan after seeing the area affected. Id prefer that option to spacers.

Comment

I have the Ground Control kit with the Street Touring plates.
                              Thank you, I was really trying to determine what kind of drop you have in comparison to stock, but since my wheels will be here next week, I guess I can wait :p

Comment

You'll need to grind quite a bit material if you don't use spacers. I still prefer this to spacers.

Comment

Working...
                                X