[CLOSED] 318i/is and 325i/is Strömung Catback Group-Buy (2017)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • calvino
    Advanced Member
    • Feb 2025
    • 101

    #196
    Originally posted by bradnic
    Ran into the exact same issue as you, had to cut the tips off and weld elbows in. Though this time Scott was less helpful than in your case, he insisted the only way to fix was for him to make me a whole new exhaust which he initially wanted me to front the money for and he would "help me sell the current system". Later offered to take it back for a refund, but I said nah to both options and ordered some polished elbows from Summit and had my buddy weld them in.
    Last edited by calvino; 07-19-2026, 10:05 AM.

    Comment

    • bradnic
      No R3VLimiter
      • Jul 2012
      • 3554

      #197
      Originally posted by calvino
      Ran into the exact same issue as you, had to cut the tips off and weld elbows in. Though this time Scott was less helpful than in your case, he insisted the only way to fix was for him to make me a whole new exhaust
      that’s really good info. Scott is an incredible asset to the community. While I was certainly disappointed about not getting the tips, I completely trust his judgement. It seems once the exhaust is done he’s reluctant to adapt it.

      I haven’t kept up as I’ve been focused on the audio biz for quite some time now. The exhaust remains unmounted and in its box. Perhaps I should sell it and get the new MTech angled-tip offering you refer to. I assume he still does single wall for the angled tip versions. The double wall tips are really nice
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

      HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

      88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

      OEM+ or bust!


      reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

      Comment

      • calvino
        Advanced Member
        • Feb 2025
        • 101

        #198
        I ordered the X-Force MS300-15 from Summit, had the tips chopped off, and the welded the elbows in at a 10 deg angle for a total of 25 deg relative to the back of the muffler.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3171.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	10164228 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3779.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	10164229 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3301.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	10164230

        Comment

        Working...