Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strömung Catback Part 4! 318i/is and 325i/is (Jan 2, 2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disclaimer: I do not work for Strömung. I am simply organizing a group buy to get the same discount as everyone else. I will not be able to see when you've submitted an order, but I will add your name to the list here for purposes of tracking our numbers. Thanks to everyone who has participated / committed thus far!

UPDATE (2/1/2019)
    This Group Buy is now CLOSED. Thanks everyone!

UPDATE (1/31/2019)
    All, I just spoke with Scott on the phone. He will be reaching out to everyone who submitted an order through Stromung's website for a $100 deposit. Shipments will start going out in about 10 days, at which point you will be provided a tracking # and charged the balance. If you are using paypal, you will be contacted to pay the balance prior to your shipment going out.

There are still hours left in the day, so get your order in now if you plan to participate in this group buy!

Thanks for everyone who has committed thus far making this a very successful group by!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ends on January 31, 2019!

I've reached out to Scott at Strömung to get another group buy going. This one is specific to the 318i/is and and 325i/is.

Scott has been very helpful. As per previous group buys, we need 10 committed and the price will be $399 ($80 off the $479 retail) for the 318i/is system, $565 ($100 off the $665 retail) for the 325i/is system. Shipping will vary, which in the past has been around $40 in addition to the cost of the exhaust. Shipping to BC, Canada is available according to the last group buy.

Once 10 people have committed for the 318i/is and/or 325i/is system, there will be instructions to go to Strömung's website and submit the order referencing this group buy. After placing an order Strömung will contact you directly with shipping costs and time table.

I've expressed interest in a slash cut tip for the 318i/is exhaust. This will be a dual walled tip, similar to what is available on Strömung's website, but it will be slash cut. This will be an additional $20 USD. When you respond please note which tip style you would like. Please note that a slashed-cut angled tip (similar to OEM) will not be available.

Please PM me and I will add you to the list:

318i/is Catback List
    1. mike.bmw
    2. Poorhouse
    3. freeride53
    4. jbaumshelter
    5. aintnothang
    6. Gee13
    7. tmacbmw74
    8. d_elson0
    9. chzcake
    10. NorseMan

325i/is Catback List
    1. ATL_E30
    2. NeverEnough02
    3. Shu
    4. Poorhouse
    5. Sean S.
    6. Dgafxxx
    7. Fasteddie222
    8. flamesone
    9. Keith H (Facebook)
    10. Charlie B (Facebook)
    11. Breadman
    12. Angel F (Facebook)
    13. zaq123
    14. E30-TourZing
    15. NeedaBimmer
    16. flamesone
    17. Malcolm206

Photos of "regular" tip 318i/is from previous group buys:

325i/is system:

Previous Strömung group buys:

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...light=Stromung

Last edited by mike.bmw; 02-01-2019, 08:15 AM.

so this is for the 318i, but wouldn't it work just fine for the 325i?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
      so this is for the 318i, but wouldn't it work just fine for the 325i?
      Correct, this is only for the 318 exhaust. The 318 and 325 have different exhausts. 318 has a single pipe / single exit muffler and the 325 has dual pipes / dual exit muffler.

Comment

Ah I see. I guess I didn't realize that cause mine has always been a 3" single since I got the car. Thanks for answering my question.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

So this is a 2 piece section minus the (stock resonator/silencer?) and are both pieces stainless steel?

dlm ny country

Comment

Don't know about this run, but the previous run was stainless rear and mild (or something that's not stainless) front section with no resonator.

Comment

In for 325 catback group buy. OP maybe ask Scott if we could do both options like last time?
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

I'd also be in for the 325 catback!

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                  In for 325 catback group buy. OP maybe ask Scott if we could do both options like last time?
                  Will do! I'll shoot him an email tonight.

Comment

I've talked to Scott and this is now open to the 325i/is as well. Please PM and specify which system you want to be added to the list.

Comment

Awesome, thank you for organizing that!
                      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                        Awesome, thank you for organizing that!
                        Sure thing. Spread the word. Tell your friends! ;D

Comment

Will it work on a 325ix?

Comment

Should work, fairly certain that 325i/ix share the same rear section.

Comment

How long will this group buy be open for? I gotta think about it for a day

Comment

Working...
                              X