No announcement yet.

Treehouse Racing - Eyeball Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because of the "raves" about how much of a difference this makes in the steering feedback, I will most likely order a set for myself as soon as I can afford it.

The thing that bothers me is that Treehouse seems to deny there are any issues with them at all. There ARE issues with them, whatever they may be.

Josh, I knew some of you were sanding them but as Aaron stated, some of you are/or have still had some issues with popping regardless.

I would feel much better if Treehouse would look into the problem and come up with a logical reason as to why it occurs (maybe other than paint?) and a solution. I know if it were my company, and I had sold a product that was causing such a ruckus, I would want to make it better.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

see, this is why the internet is dangerous. Do you know that for a fact? Have you called the shop? Have you e-mailed Jon? Have you spoken with me? Have you made any attempt to find out if the bushing material was changed?

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
      Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
      Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

No, I haven't called Jon or you, as I don't even have a set of these yet. That is exactly why I am bringing it up here. I was hoping that some of the guys that HAVE bought them might have at some point contacted Jon about the problem. As it stands, the ONLY response I ever saw by you or Treehouse was to deny there was any problems with them at all. Can you show me or tell me otherwise? This is not a personal attack by the way, I would just like a definitive answer as to why all the popping in the first place.

Comment

i had horrible popping, i didnt even bother with the sanding method cause mine were going on too loose. when i threw in new control arms it went away so i have no idea whats going on.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells
            No, I haven't called Jon or you, as I don't even have a set of these yet. That is exactly why I am bringing it up here. I was hoping that some of the guys that HAVE bought them might have at some point contacted Jon about the problem.
            You would think that they would have. However, only one person has called about this problem as of today.

As it stands, the ONLY response I ever saw by you or Treehouse was to deny there was any problems with them at all.
            That is because we have never had a set pop when installed at the shop, at the track, or any other venue. We have sold over 200 of these, and only ~5-10 people have had problems.

Can you show me or tell me otherwise? This is not a personal attack by the way, I would just like a definitive answer as to why all the popping in the first place.
            As we install more and more eyeball arms on different cars, there seems to be 5 or 6 different (albiet slight) design differences between control arms. Some have a tapered end, while some have a lip. Some have paint on them, some do not. As a result, with the old bushing material, some people have experienced popping. Jon and I have adressed the problem, and Jon has come up with a different bushing material.
            As of right now, the fix that has worked on 2 or 3 of the people has been to sand the control arm paint on the end. As I am sure you know, control arms have either painted or unpainted ends from the factory. I do not know if it is manufacturer related or what, but the people with painted control arms will need to sand the paint off the end.

Basically, here is the main problem. People like to bitch and complain about products on the internet, but dont seek a solution. If I didn't read r3v, we would have no idea that some people have had popping problems.

That being said, I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you order a set of eyeball arms.

Nando, have you ever used or seen a set of ground-control control arm bushings? They do not allow any movement (side to side or back to front) at all.

Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

I appreciate your response, and IF it had been me, I would most certainly have contacted either you or Jon. Anyway, as I said, I absolutely plan to follow through with an order as soon as financially possible.

Thanks

Comment

My control arms were painted and I have had no popping issues. Mine were brand new. Could the issue be with old worn control arms? Just a guess. From what I've heard from a couple people that have had the problem the sanding technique fixed the problem. I have had my THR CABs on since the group buy and I couldn't be happier. I have had no problems with them and they perform very well. One of my favorite upgrades I have done to my car (haven't done many yet, but I'm very pleased).
                sigpic

Comment

I´m getting poping now, under strong braking only,
                  more like sutten hard braking,

I´ll just sand it down slightly and see if that makes it work,
                  It´s only a couple of min taking these off the CA´s
                  Gunni
                  @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog
                    As we install more and more eyeball arms on different cars, there seems to be 5 or 6 different (albiet slight) design differences between control arms. Some have a tapered end, while some have a lip. Some have paint on them, some do not. As a result, with the old bushing material, some people have experienced popping. Jon and I have adressed the problem, and Jon has come up with a different bushing material.
                    As of right now, the fix that has worked on 2 or 3 of the people has been to sand the control arm paint on the end. As I am sure you know, control arms have either painted or unpainted ends from the factory. I do not know if it is manufacturer related or what, but the people with painted control arms will need to sand the paint off the end.

Basically, here is the main problem. People like to bitch and complain about products on the internet, but dont seek a solution. If I didn't read r3v, we would have no idea that some people have had popping problems.

That being said, I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you order a set of eyeball arms.

Nando, have you ever used or seen a set of ground-control control arm bushings? They do not allow any movement (side to side or back to front) at all.
                    I have M3 aluminum Control arms (obviously no paint and fairly new) and my driverside still pops. Upon install, no popping, then after a couple days, the driverside was popping like mad. Then the passenger side started popping too. Then they both stopped popping completely for a few days. Now the driverside pops again, but not nearly as bad. When did you change the bushing material? I just installed these not too long ago. They came from the last R3V groupbuy but I didn't even install them until early June. Which bushing material do I have? New or Old and if it is the old stuff, do you offer any sort of trade-in?

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Feel free to call the shop at 615-333-9118 8:30 to 5:30 CST.
                      You have the old bushing material. Jon may have one more thing for you to try before getting new material.

Comment

Just throwing in my on these CABs.....

Installed them a couple weekends ago. Initially they squeaked a lot....wasn't too thrilled with that. I quickly removed them (utter childs play) and applied a liberal amount of waterproof boat trailer wheelbearing grease....its all I had in the garage. Since that application, I only hear a subtle 'clunk' during sharp turning. Otherwise, they have performed very well. I have a track day coming up soon so I will get a chance to see how they work under pressure :D

Good product and Jon at Treehouse Racing was great to deal with.

Jon
                        Rides...
                        1991 325i - sold :(
                        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Here's something I've found out through some research...urethane and petrolium products don't like each other very well. Urethane deteriorates faster in the prpesence of things like oil, grease, etc. I would recommend not greasing these. But that's just my $0.02
                          - Jason

Comment

that's why they make sillicone grease..
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i've got one of the few sets of the original prototypes--before
                              they had the name on them or anything...Jon popped them on
                              the car one day when i was in for service...i've never had a
                              problem...

bert

Comment

i got my eyeball arms today, i'll be putting them in this weekend.
                                i'll tell you guys how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X