No announcement yet.

Pittsburgh 301 Piece Mechanic's Tool Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you have the one with only one caster wheel up front, be careful when you're turning the m50 around on the stand, it has a tendency to want to tip.

Comment

where you get teh coupon?
      [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
      Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony View Post
        if you have the one with only one caster wheel up front, be careful when you're turning the m50 around on the stand, it has a tendency to want to tip.
        ill weld some training wheels on lol.
        Originally posted by Lof8
        4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
        therefore, their value is much greater.
        Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Only thing I have bought at harbor freight is an angle grinder...best 15 bucks I have spent. I have mostly craftsman tools and I constantly break sockets and rathcets...I have a pair of their channel locks that grip nothing because they are fucked up. I have even broken a few wrenches too. Them u-joint extentions they sell.....I get about a dozen uses out of them until they break. Hell I even managed to snap a 1/2' drive 3/4 drive adapter.....and yes it hurt. I think theres still blood stains on my garage floor from that.

But my favorite sears trip was the last 1/2" ratchet I ruined.....took it in, laid it on the counter and said "I broke this...need a new one please". The guy walked around the counter and pulled this rebuild kit from somewhere and laid it next to my busted ass ratchet and said "here ya go sir"....... I picked the ratchet up and said.."umm I didn't have to assemble this one when I bought it.....I'm not doing it now".....then asked to see the manager....the guy walked back the aisle and grabbed me a new ratchet.....and off I went.

BUT THIS!!!!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=194272

Comment

never never never buy a craftsman jack!!! harbor freight $89 low boy, 3 yr replacement already out lasted and out performed the crapsman $300 jack.
            sigpic

Comment

crafstman sucks dick. the only tool i use on a daily basis of there anymore is there impactu gun.... well and sockets since i already have them.... it was a banging sale. like i said before i only have used HF impact sockets and havent had an issue.

now that i rememer i bought one of there jackets 3 years ago, i think it lasted 4 months.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony View Post
                i've used their engine stand and never even though twice about it, it worked just fine for me anyway. I like harbor freight it's so cheap and the tools for the most part gets the job done, many many times.
                +1 I just used a harbor freight engine hoist to unload a 2000lb 2 post lift out of a semi truck today.

Comment

I have a lot of older crafstman tools, before they went to total shit. They've held up pretty well. A lot of the new stuff I've gotten from there has been junk, though. I don't think it's much of a stretch to recieve better quality from HF these days. Plus it's so overpriced if I need something in a pinch I go to the ma & pa hardware store downtown and get Hecho en Mexico tools instead for half the price. A lot of them are better quality, too.

and FWIW, my crafstman jack has been great for the last 5 years or so.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Only tool from craftsman I've had fail on me was an Evolve 3/8 ratchet. I bought it because it looked comfy, and all the other ratchets where quite uncomfortable. come to find out, I can't put more then like 10 ft pounds of torque on it, even less sometimes, without the gears inside stripping. Bull shit, I picked up a $2 3/8 drive wrench from job Lot that is higher quality then that.

Everything else I've beat the crap out of and they haven't failed. I don't use impact tools tho.

I have had a snap on swivel socket explode on me. and a Husky 1/4 drive wrench completely fail on me. And some great Neck torx sockets rust out and strip completely....Thats it as far as tool failures
                    1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                    1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                    1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                    1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

I personally only use snap on wrenches long and stubby but HF jack stands and jacks FTW and thumb ratchet socket rials brushes and all my sae tools are from there :)

Comment

i personally cant afford snap on. especially when i need tools stat.

Comment

the long wrenches are to die for i would never trade them for anything. and i got the stubbies for 280 so it was a steal

Comment

my favorite tools:
                            $8 5lb steel hammer from local hardware store
                            $2 3' long steel pipe from same hardware store
                            $15 set of wratcheting wrenches from costco - priceless
                            $FREE set of really cool extensions that allow a small angle, but are not U-joints, from Fred Meyer. I can do my xfercase from under the car without dropping the whole engine now.
                            $170 Hitatchi chordless impact - I love this thing. No, it can't break high torque stuff free like lug bolts. But it makes everything else easier and faster.

everything else - who cares. I don't use a regular wratchet unless I absolutely have to. I only have one good one left from my original crafstman set, one of them I bent trying to undo the crank bolt on an M20, another one fused together when it touched the hot wire on the starter. I've never broken a socket but I've broken my share of extensions/u-joints/breaker bars
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                            X