UUC DSSR headache...again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spyke View Post
    Going on over 4 MONTHS now, still don't have a part that fits my e30 like it was "supposed" to.
    Can you return it for a refund? You might try contacting their local BBB or your CC company. You can contest a charge based on merchandise received not being as described. I'd say you're long past there at this point.
    - Josh
    1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
    Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

This really sucks. Hope you get it resolved.
      sigpic
      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Can't really just get a refund at this point, unfortunately. When I first finally managed to get a hold of someone over there, they promised to make me a custom one based on the OEM selector rod's measurements that came out of the car. I don't want to bail on them since they did promise to get it right, and I don't really know where they are in that process.

Even if they won't hold up their end of the deal (in a timely fashion) I would like to not break my part of the agreement. It has put me in a difficult spot, but at least it's not some high priced item.
        Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
        Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Comment

This is why you use a credit card. When something isn't right and merchants do not respond then file a charge back. I guarantee they will call as soon as the money goes missing from their account.

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
            Andy(AKG) and I spoke about a DSSR a while ago......he does not lke the whole idea of using a g260 w/ a 24v set up...lol....and he will not produce a "twisted" dssr...it goes against his core beliefs!
            Like!
            I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by e30partsguy View Post
              My friend also bought a DSSR from UUC, he got a 91 318i convertible, somehow, he got one for a M5 the first time, he returned it UUC then he got one for a M3, none of them fit his e30, I know because I'm the one who measured and compared with the stock one. The worst thing is UUC kept telling my friend it's the right one or it will fit his car. I admit their products are good but only when it fit your car, if it doesn't fit, it just a piece of junk.

Hope you resolve your problem with UUC soon.
              Stock 318is is 274mm, the M5 one is 273mm (.040") (that would be the gap between the two number twos that follow, 22. Some guys might call that a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles hair)

In this case UUC was CORRECT in that the M5 DSSR would fit his 318is. They did ship the correct one the first time. They DO NOT make a specific DSSR for the 318is and the M5 is the closest one at 1mm difference.

I know as I did the initial measurements and worked with Rob at UUC. Yes it is off by a 1mm, but that is not enough to make it unusable.

Write up, pictures and video here:

Looks like a perfect fit from here:

I will admit I have had shipping issues with UUC before. But I also know that sometimes excellent quality aftermarket products can take some patience.
              Last edited by RobertC; 01-16-2013, 01:48 PM.
              www.facebook.com/E30motorwerks

Comment

FYI, 9/94+ (E36) selector rod joints are 9mm shorter than the 89-9/94 joints. Maybe someone at UUC just got mixed up on which one to use. While a 7mm difference will push the knob towards the dash considerably, 2mm shorter (187mm-180mm-9mm= -2mm) would marginally tip the knob back towards the driver. The 9/94+ joints are ~$15 cheaper too.

Comment

I've had similar experiences when buying both the DSSR and the Evo 3 SSK. I sent my order back at least 4 times, and getting UUC on the phone was not easy. Calls were never answered, and if they were answered I'd get hung up on, etc.

4 months after ordering I received the correct parts. I do like the shifter, but I'm not sure if it was worth $350. Either way, I will never buy another product from UUC again.

Comment

wow, it's like there are 2 UUC companies. i ordered my DSSR on their blackfriday sale 2 years ago and got it 3-4 days later. granted i had an early model selector issue(unknown to me @ time of order). but nothing a grinding wheel couldn't fix. damn snug fit but i wouldn't trade it for anything else. AKG's is great quality/feel but looks stupid in a stock car.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                      wow, it's like there are 2 UUC companies. i ordered my DSSR on their blackfriday sale 2 years ago and got it 3-4 days later. granted i had an early model selector issue(unknown to me @ time of order). but nothing a grinding wheel couldn't fix. damn snug fit but i wouldn't trade it for anything else. AKG's is great quality/feel but looks stupid in a stock car.
                      They lure you in with one company, then then move you over to the other. Classic bait and switch. Going on six months waiting for phone calls and emails to be returned regarding a part that has a "lifetime warranty."

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                        They lure you in with one company, then then move you over to the other. Classic bait and switch. Going on six months waiting for phone calls and emails to be returned regarding a part that has a "lifetime warranty."
                        mother of god, that is just ridiculous
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

I'm at over 6 months now... UUC is still ignoring me completely. They won't return my calls, no email of course, no part that fits my car.

I have NEVER, EVER been treated this badly as a customer, in my entire life. And I have purchased from some notoriously difficult vendors.

Shameful

Comment

They sure shipped my complimentary lanyard pretty fast.

Sorry about the mess. It's always a headache in these situations.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer95 View Post
                              FYI, 9/94+ (E36) selector rod joints are 9mm shorter than the 89-9/94 joints. Maybe someone at UUC just got mixed up on which one to use. While a 7mm difference will push the knob towards the dash considerably, 2mm shorter (187mm-180mm-9mm= -2mm) would marginally tip the knob back towards the driver. The 9/94+ joints are ~$15 cheaper too.

Just going to run with this, 2mm should be fine (~3mm+ is not okay however)

Thanks for the tip, hope this whole ordeal helps someone else avoid the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyke View Post
                                Just going to run with this, 2mm should be fine (~3mm+ is not okay however)

Thanks for the tip, hope this whole ordeal helps someone else avoid the same issue.
                                At 6 months now... why haven't you just bought the AKG variant??

Granted, I purchased the AKG dssr for my ZF tranny and realized it was an aluminum piece vs UUC's steel piece... I prefer the weight of the steel over the aluminum, less effort!
                                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
                                X