X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wound up getting a stock z3m rad.

Comment

Hi Justin,

Hello! It's Sarah again - we've been having issues responding to your post on Instagram, so I will do so here as well.

Sorry for the delay in response; I was speaking to our CSR team regarding your issue. :) We appreciate you reaching out to have this resolved. As stated above, I spoke with the Customer Service team to gather an understanding of what the problem is and the attempted solutions they had made for you. Unfortunately, we are not able to refund you the costs of the product you purchased from a separate vendor. We do apologize for this inconvenience. However, we would be happy to offer you our prototype E36 race ready radiator. The Z3 radiator you have is extremely similar to this new item and should not affect fitment in your BMW. As mentioned by our Production team, this radiator is not going to be available for another 2 months and we can understand why this would not work for you.

If the above solution is not feasible, we would be happy to offer a credit for the MSRP of the product. This amount is higher than the amount you had paid the original vendor. This can be used on any items on our website such as our new premium baffled oil catch can or other items. If you are not interested in anything other than a replacement radiator, we would be willing to offer the MMRAD-E36-92 radiator in order to get your vehicle up and running again.

The Customer Service team has offered these three options to you as recourse for the issues you have outlined within our ticketing system. We would be happy to work with you on one of these solutions if you should choose. Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience regarding this issue. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

-Sarah
      Mishimoto Automotive

Comment

^ if the e36 rad isn't a 3 core it wouldn't work.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Mishimoto View Post
          Hi Justin,

Hello! It's Sarah again - we've been having issues responding to your post on Instagram, so I will do so here as well.

Sorry for the delay in response; I was speaking to our CSR team regarding your issue. :) We appreciate you reaching out to have this resolved. As stated above, I spoke with the Customer Service team to gather an understanding of what the problem is and the attempted solutions they had made for you. Unfortunately, we are not able to refund you the costs of the product you purchased from a separate vendor. We do apologize for this inconvenience. However, we would be happy to offer you our prototype E36 race ready radiator. The Z3 radiator you have is extremely similar to this new item and should not affect fitment in your BMW. As mentioned by our Production team, this radiator is not going to be available for another 2 months and we can understand why this would not work for you.

If the above solution is not feasible, we would be happy to offer a credit for the MSRP of the product. This amount is higher than the amount you had paid the original vendor. This can be used on any items on our website such as our new premium baffled oil catch can or other items. If you are not interested in anything other than a replacement radiator, we would be willing to offer the MMRAD-E36-92 radiator in order to get your vehicle up and running again.

The Customer Service team has offered these three options to you as recourse for the issues you have outlined within our ticketing system. We would be happy to work with you on one of these solutions if you should choose. Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience regarding this issue. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

-Sarah

None of your 3 options get my car back on the road.

1. A store credit does me no good, none of your products fix my lack of a usable radiator. You can give me a $10k credit, I still would have zero usable radiators.

2. Your upcoming e36 upgrade radiator isn't available for another 2 months.

3. The e36 radiator you offered is not large enough to cool my engine. This isn't a stock e36, it's a large DOHC V8 in a small e30 engine bay. That's why I bought the Z3M Mishimoto. Even the stock Z3M radiator is bigger then your e36 radiator (and half the price).

So you've given me ZERO options that get my car back on the road. I paid for a Z3M radiator, you cannot provide me with one that works, and you won't give me my money back.

It's obvious where Mishimoto stands regarding customer service and satisfaction. The damage has been done, and everyone can see it. And they'll continue to hear my story in the future.
          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
          e30 restoration and V8 swap
          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Why not just heat it up and bend it? Did that to mine and had no problems...

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

because it's going to end up leaking again anyway.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

OP is being the biggest bitch...

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
                  Why not just heat it up and bend it? Did that to mine and had no problems...

As I said, I put a bit of pressure on it, and it snapped in half. The new radiators use a different type of nipple, it's brittle cast aluminum, not the same as the ones from a couple of months ago. The threads in the hole in the end tank are also junk.
                  Last edited by JGood; 09-19-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                    Lol, I'm sure if you paid for a rather expensive product, received said product, and were unable to use it due to a manufacturing flaw, and were denied a refund, you'd be happy, and not complain at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                      Lol, I'm sure if you paid for a rather expensive product, received said product, and were unable to use it due to a manufacturing flaw, and were denied a refund, you'd be happy, and not complain at all.

"rather expensive" and made in china rarely are said together.

This thread is a perfect example of why it is a good idea to buy a product from the manufacturer, preferably from the country you live in.

Also, there is a big difference between "lifetime guarantee" and "money back guarantee". It sounds like mishimoto is offering the best of "lifetime guarantee" that they can which is not a lot at the moment since they don't make product.
                      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                        "rather expensive" and made in china rarely are said together.

This thread is a perfect example of why it is a good idea to buy a product from the manufacturer, preferably from the country you live in.

Also, there is a big difference between "lifetime guarantee" and "money back guarantee". It sounds like mishimoto is offering the best of "lifetime guarantee" that they can which is not a lot at the moment since they don't make product.

Well it's a cheap radiator, but it's still $300+ of my money.

And yes, that's a valid point on the warranty. IMO though, when I'm using their warranty service, when I receive that replacement radiator and it doesn't fit, that's the same as me going to their website, buying the radiator, and it not fitting, right off the bat. I think when you buy a product, there's a certain expectation of receiving a usable part, regardless of what the replacement policy is. When I bought it, I bought it FOR the warranty. So that it would be my last radiator I'd need to buy. Otherwise, I would have got the stock OEM Z3M, which was 1/2 the price.

Anyway, I got another email from John @ Mishimoto. They offered to 'fix' the radiator, basically modify it in house so that it's usable, and send it out to me. They said they will continue to honor the warranty and when I need a replacement in another 12 months (as the trend has been), they'll do the same for the replacement if the design has not been corrected by then. That suits me for now, although I'm sure I'll eventually get sick of replacing my radiator yearly, with 2 weeks down time while I wait for a custom radiator, and just give up.

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                          THIS.

OP how much did you paying for this rad and how much is your time worth? Do you think maybe you blew enough of your time arguing this, perhaps more than the worth of the rad?

Here are a couple helpful further options:

1) perhaps ask for the credit to be transferable to another R3V member who wants a Mishimoto, and the member can pay you, I don't know, 80%?.

2) take it to a shop to have that original port plugged, then redrilled 1/8" farther out or anywhere else where you feel the new stub barb should be. You built a V8 E30, you might even have the skills to do this yourself.

Failing all that, be a bigger man, suck it up, and let the $300 or so go. I trust you've had worse losses at a bar in town on a saturday night full of bad decisions. Life isn't fair, monies are sometimes lost. You make it work, learn something, and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
                            The old e36 ones were having this same issue, you would of though they already dealt with this and not repeated the problem. 8^(
                            I have the same issue on both styles they made, I just dealt with now I have an issue where I have had three in the course of last year fail in the drain plug.

Hate oem because we all know it's only a matter of time before the end tanks will fail. I went with Mishimoto on their warranty as well.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWentWong View Post
                              THIS.

OP how much did you paying for this rad and how much is your time worth? Do you think maybe you blew enough of your time arguing this, perhaps more than the worth of the rad?

Here are a couple helpful further options:

1) perhaps ask for the credit to be transferable to another R3V member who wants a Mishimoto, and the member can pay you, I don't know, 80%?.

2) take it to a shop to have that original port plugged, then redrilled 1/8" farther out or anywhere else where you feel the new stub barb should be. You built a V8 E30, you might even have the skills to do this yourself.

Failing all that, be a bigger man, suck it up, and let the $300 or so go. I trust you've had worse losses at a bar in town on a saturday night full of bad decisions. Life isn't fair, monies are sometimes lost. You make it work, learn something, and move on.

This thread is a vender feedback thread. It's a rather simple concept (for most...) The point is to spread the word about venders and products so that others can more easily chose what best suits their needs. I didn't ask for help getting the radiator to work in my car, not even once. I know what needs done, and I know how to do it. For some reason, half the people posting in this thread have missed the point.

Comment

I really do hope the one I'm using for my m30 swap Holds up. It is a e36 rad but regardless I've heard about the drain plugs and such.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                                X