Zen Performance Stress Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
    Yes, you are probably right on that one. I've always been a little low on the appropriate behavior scale.

On the Up side of things...

I just picked up the e30 sub brace ( a must for the convertibles...still can't figure haw BMW dropped the ball on that one) prototype from the fabricator for fit and finish testing this afternoon.

So...What color for the Braces when we go into production? Red or black?

Will the color effect the total chassis flex on the shaker?

;)
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Any plans to test on a seven post?

Comment

From pm's:
        Originally posted by Jean
        Originally posted by DCColegrove
        Originally posted by Jean View Post
        $800 for a pair of bars + 180 for labor? No thanks, I'll pass. This amount of money could go towards tires or even a roll bar ... or hookers. lol

Go back and read the original post...your math is a little off.

I don't care.

Didn't figure you would. With $400 errors though I hope someone else balances your check book for you.

Originally posted by JGood View Post
        Will the color effect the total chassis flex on the shaker?
        Only if we finished it in hot pink...makes 'em real stiff.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        Any plans to test on a seven post?
        I should have specified, It is was one of the new 7 "post" shakers (7 planes of movement) I didn't want to get into the long explanation. doubted whether any one here would have got it or cared.

I'm lucky enough to do some work with guys at the top end of the racing industry.

I'm trying to squeeze some time from a friend to test out our new lower brace.

May not happen before it goes into production though...doesn't really matter on this one though...no competition yet, nothing to test against...probably won't be for the e30s either. The big guys don't want to build for them anymore.
        Last edited by DCColegrove; 04-11-2008, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I should have specified, It is was one of the new 7 "post" shakers (7 planes of movement) I didn't want to get into the long explanation. doubted whether any one here would have got it or cared.
          Really? E30 owners are some of the nerdiest people I know!

probably won't be for the e30s either. The big guys don't want to build for them anymore.
          and that is why they are THE rage for most class of racing?
          Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
          That Guy.
          03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

I just want to add: I don't care what you charge, it sounds very fair.

Most people on here don't realize that you have to pay for space, insurance, etc etc etc.

It is like people that complain about my prices. My prices are the best around PERIOD, when you are talking about buying from a legitimate business. I pay rent, insurance, LABOR, taxes, etc. It adds up fast when you are not doing it out of your mom's garage.
            Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
            That Guy.
            03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post

Most people on here don't realize that you have to pay for space, insurance, etc etc etc.

It is like people that complain about my prices. My prices are the best around PERIOD, when you are talking about buying from a legitimate business. I pay rent, insurance, LABOR, taxes, etc. It adds up fast when you are not doing it out of your mom's garage.
              That is so true about this site, you could say, "Hey, this shop wants $300 to do my rear brakes" and everyone would scream bloody murder and say it was a rip-off. When you do the math on it that's not that bad though, especially when most high-quality shops charge at least $90 an hour. My shop only charges $60 but it's been that way since '04 so there will be a hike sometime soon. With the economy the way it is it's inevitable.

Sure you can buy the parts from a discount place and do it in your parents driveway on jackstands but when you install something backwards and it breaks, what do you do then? When you go to a shop you are paying for the peace of mind to know that everything is being taken care of properly (any GOOD shop at least) and that if something fails prematurely it will be taken care of on the shops nickel. Providing you didn't drift into an embankment or something...
              '89 325is S50 Track Montser
              '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Only if we finished it in hot pink...makes 'em real stiff.
                Hot pink makes ME real stiff... :D
                '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

Comment

I just don't trust any shop to do any work on my car anymore, had some bad experience with this. I would rather sweat and do it myself, and have peace of mind that it's done and no corners were cut.
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I just don't trust any shop to do any work on my car anymore, had some bad experience with this. I would rather sweat and do it myself, and have peace of mind that it's done and no corners were cut.
                    You and I agree on this, but only because I'm a tech, at this point I don't want anyone else touching my car!

Before I knew what I was doing I enjoyed doing work on my own car but I would much prefer that someone who knew what they were doing was turning the wrenches on the big stuff. Maybe that's because I was going to shop that was very open about what they were doing and didn't mind taking you through the process as it was being repaired so you understood what was being done and why. That same shop then taught me how to do a lot of stuff myself and once I showed enough aptitude at not breaking my own car they offered me a job. I realize this is not normal but I guess the least I can do is try and treat my customers as I was treated.
                    '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post

yep - I paid just over 200 bones for a windsheild installation. yeah, I could have done it myself for less - but the $50 extra was worth it to have somebody else bust their ass (even if it only took them 20 minutes), plus I get a *lifetime warranty* and free rock chip repair out of the deal. ;)
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

$800 for a pair of bars + 180 for labor? No thanks, I'll pass. This amount of money could go towards tires or even a roll bar ... or hookers. lol
                        $400 and change Twinky, not $800.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                          No shit?

Where the fuck is everyone falling from?

Fan falls to death from escalator at Shea Stadium

8 hours ago

NEW YORK(AP) — A man attending a New York Mets game with his family lost his balance on an escalator and fell two stories to his death, police said.
                          Antonio Nararainsami, 36, and several relatives, including his two young daughters, were leaving the stadium at the end of Tuesday night's game against the Washington Nationals when he fell in a section below the left field stands and landed on a concrete floor. Nararainsami, a Guyanese native who lived in Brooklyn, was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead half an hour later.

The Xfinity Discovery Hub is your resource for Xfinity product news, technology education, and more. Learn about TV, internet, home security, and more.

Comment

I have one thing to add to this discussion.

$450 will buy me enough DOM tubing to do a 10 point roll cage.

/My commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rcr View Post
                              I have one thing to add to this discussion.

$450 will buy me enough DOM tubing to do a 10 point roll cage.

/My commentary.
                              But it won't buy you a bender or a welder or an engineer and fabricator so you don't screw it up.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                                But it won't buy you a bender or a welder or an engineer and fabricator so you don't screw it up.
                                Should we tell him about how much that would cost, or do we just let him whistle in the dark?

Comment

Working...
                                X