No announcement yet.

Bosch Evolution Wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodyear ones from Costco. 7.99 a side I just wait for the BOGO so for under 10 bucks I will replace them yearly, they do last 3 years but I like them fresh. Works as good as the Bosch, just a little higher profile so they do catch wind when you are going pretty fast but it seems all the framless ones do.
    sigpic

Comment

As old as this thread is I still have the replacement blades they sent me on the car. They still work great
      88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
      85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
        Goodyear ones from Costco. 7.99 a side I just wait for the BOGO so for under 10 bucks I will replace them yearly, they do last 3 years but I like them fresh. Works as good as the Bosch, just a little higher profile so they do catch wind when you are going pretty fast but it seems all the framless ones do.
        I think they suck donkey balls. but not as badly as the rain-x ones of a similar design.

it sounds like all of the blades of this style just don't work well with E30s, I've tried 2 brands (not bosch yet) and both of them chattered, especially the rain-x. The rain-x were so bad they barely wiped anything at all. Which is odd because the standard ones are great..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          I think they suck donkey balls. but not as badly as the rain-x ones of a similar design.

it sounds like all of the blades of this style just don't work well with E30s,
          I think you nailed it. The Michelins on my car kicked ass for a while, now they are absolute crap. I think I did them in October, but might have been September. That would be 3 months ago, 4 months, max.

I am going back to classic Bosch.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

so Bosch Excel is the way to go?

mtechII 5 lug S50

Comment

Originally posted by lga714 View Post
              so Bosch Excel is the way to go?
              That is what all 3 of my cars will go back to until I buy new glass, then I am gonna try this nonsense again.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

it sounds like all of the blades of this style just don't work well with E30s, I've tried 2 brands (not bosch yet) and both of them chattered, especially the rain-x. The rain-x were so bad they barely wiped anything at all. Which is odd because the standard ones are great..
                Yea, the frameless wiper blades aren't the best for these cars, or just about any car from the same era. Just dont have the windshield shape as modern cars. Also the tension of the wiper arms on the cars that are designed for these blades are almost vice like. But just about the only time I use my wipers is once in the morning to get the dew off and they work for me there.
                sigpic

Comment

Bummer wish I didn't throw out the receipt and packaging from O'Reilly.

mtechII 5 lug S50

Comment

In my current sales territory, I'm driving about 3k miles a month. Crossing the mountain pass about 6 times a month too. On luke's suggestion here, I just put on a set of these fancy new evolutions. Never had these new-fangled frameless type wipers before. Too bad they're made in china. At least the anco's are hecho in mexico.

So far so good. I use the squirters to clean, and use my wipers a lot. So give me a month or two, and I'll see how they hold up.

EDIT: This is on a 2010 subaru, not the e30. Therefore I can't comment on the whole fit on 80's windshields thing.

Comment

My PIAA Super Silicones are starting to crap out. Best blades I've ever used btw. Perfect with all the rain we get here up north, and they lasted forever. Might try something else though next month when I replace them...

Comment

bumpity, i'm buying some blades online right now found 20 inch bosch evo's for $9.66 a blade on rockauto... luke how did they hold up? i'm thinking of just going with these. but im not settled on them yet there's some veleo's on there for the cheapness also. and some trico's that sound promising. any thoughts?
                        p.s. using search bar now, sorry to everyone who had to see my annoying post's in the past, i'm a new pantless man.

Comment

the regular rain-x ones are good and cheap. *shrugs*
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I had the rain-x ones on my e36 and they were horrible. They didn't hardly wipe anything.

Now I run the Bosch icons on all three of my cars (two e30s + e36) and love them. I've been using one set for about two years now and they seem to be holding up ok.
                            sigpic

Comment

i mean the plain ones, not the fancy schmancy frameless blades. those ones sucked.

blades also do not last 2 years.. no way. 6 months if you are lucky.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Guess I should have put more info. I drive my cars seasonally, so they've been on the car for x amount of time, but the vehicle is only driven for say, 6-8 months out of the year (winter car) So the wipers aren't seeing daily use year round.

Also it's closer to 1.5 years than 2 that they've been on the car. My bad.

And they were the regular rain-x on the e36. I don't know if they work better on e30s or what, but a no go on my e36.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X