GB - Black Cloth Headliner **Closing Sun 3/25**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do you find your Alcantara?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by sweetride01 View Post
      The microsuede is not foam backed... only the cloth one is...

Rob, do you have another closer-up pic of that grey alcantara? I like it :-)
      Thanks for correction! How does one then install the microsuede headliner , do I need to find new oem foam ?
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

... the foam-backed stuff really does seem a little cheap. I like cloth, but it has to be a bit higher quality.
        See, I wasn't trying to be a dick, the cloth just frankly failed to impress. Glad someone else objective agreed :D

Originally posted by Jean View Post
        Thanks for correction! How does one then install the microsuede headliner , do I need to find new oem foam ?
        NO, the OEM isn't foam backed AFAIK?
        Sold my Sepang Bronze 1990 325is and miss it already

Comment

Originally posted by dmoffitt View Post
          See, I wasn't trying to be a dick, the cloth just frankly failed to impress. Glad someone else objective agreed :D

I never said you were ;-)
          It just seemed like you don't like any cloth at all; I wanted to reserve judgement on the cloth until I could tell whether it was Pontiac stuff or nice stuff :-)

But I'm glad that we E30ers have similarly nice tastes... thats why we don't buy Tauruses ;-)

Rob -
          I presume that the alcantara will be a very good fit? LOL I don't doubt your work don't worry. I am 90% for the alcantara right now, but I will join either group that gets 5 in, so that we have enough people.
          Moving sale: Everything Must Go!
          FS: 2001 740iL Sport, low mileage..... SOLD
          FS: 1990 Mtec II 325iS, $12,0K OVNO
          FS: 2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L Navi..... SOLD

FS: New Rieger lip, lachsilber metallic (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)
          FS: Very rare, new lachsilber metallic E30 Aero pack sideskirts... (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)

Extreme 325iS (well, slowly getting there, anyway)......
          Almost too many mods to list ;-)

Comment

Here's a sample of my fit and finish of the boots that he made. I am very happy.
            Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
            Here you go.
            sorry the one is blurry.
            The only minor issue I have is the seam on the bottom tip of the e-brake handle, it kinda bunches a bit and doesn't lay as flat as I would like, but that might must be me. I like them a lot.
            p.s. my car is dirty, sorry.

p.s. I'm IN for the alcantara headliner, and a parcel shelf, if you could swing that...
            Last edited by ldsbeaker; 03-15-2007, 02:54 PM.
            Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
              p.s. I'm IN for the alcantara headliner, and a parcel shelf, if you could swing that...
              Parcel shelf is no problem. I could just sell you the matching cloth (its not a hard job, esp. if you're doing the headliner anyway)
              A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

Comment

Rob -
                I presume that the alcantara will be a very good fit? LOL I don't doubt your work don't worry. I am 90% for the alcantara right now, but I will join either group that gets 5 in, so that we have enough people.
                Like all my products, you can return it in 30days for a full refund (excl. shipping), no questions asked, as long as you haven't tried to install it.

No problem asking - I'm a fellow enthusiast who does upholstery on the side, not Gabe's Upholstery (from American Hot Rod), so sometimes my new projects take awhile to work the kinks out.

Comment

Originally posted by rscheiring View Post
                  Parcel shelf is no problem. I could just sell you the matching cloth (its not a hard job, esp. if you're doing the headliner anyway)
                  Sweet. I figured it would be something like that. That way I can do my deck speakers and not have to worry about it not fitting.
                  Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by rscheiring View Post
                    Like all my products, you can return it in 30days for a full refund (excl. shipping), no questions asked, as long as you haven't tried to install it.

No problem asking - I'm a fellow enthusiast who does upholstery on the side, not Gabe's Upholstery (from American Hot Rod), so sometimes my new projects take awhile to work the kinks out.
                    It's good to see you're honest. I'm sure it will be very good, and I'm guessing you've made several before.
                    I don't expect perfection, just close to it. Lol. Ok, well good quality anyways. ;-)

FS: Very rare, new lachsilber metallic E30 Aero pack sideskirts... (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)

Comment

I'm going to put in the cloth order next Monday, so the GB will close out Sunday, March 25th. Also, I cut the price of the Alcantara a bit - fine tuned my yardage calculation.

Comment

if some one buys my IE3's between now and Sunday I'm in for alacantra with the speaker deck. But I'll PM you before Sunday and let you know whats up.

Comment

alacantra headliner + enough to do my own rear deck? how much?
                          -edit-
                          Just saw it, so 355 it is.
                          sigpic

Comment

OK, I will be in for the Alcantara then.
                            Sunroof, non-M.
                            Is the alcantara like the colour in the pics above?

I will PM you tomorrow...

Oh, and how hard is it to do the parcel shelf? Relatively easy DIY?
                            Last edited by sweetride01; 03-21-2007, 03:24 PM.

Comment

OK, I will be in for the Alcantara then.
                              Sunroof, non-M.
                              Is the alcantara like the colour in the pics above?

I will PM you tomorrow...

Oh, and how hard is it to do the parcel shelf? Relatively easy DIY?
                              Jolly good! Yup, Alcantara will be the same as I pictured above - a very dark grey (aka midnight black). The parcel shelf is very easy. If you're willing to tackle the headliner, the shelf is child's play.

Thanks,
                              Rob

Comment

Payment sent. $355.00
                                Non-M w/sunroof, Alcantara, and a Parcel Shelf.
                                Slicktop City!

Comment

Working...
                                X