Zen Hood Seal Kits... Feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zen Hood Seal Kits... Feeler

The Group buy is here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=109023

The question being...Should we continue to offer these?

The cost to have these produced has gone through the roof (I guess like everthing else) and It has come to the point where I don't think we can offer them on the general market.

The least we can sell them for (without loosing money) is now is $38.

We have it made in small runs of specilally formulated EDPM in order to suit the conditions IE heat, UV, oil resistance etc. the reason being was that the OE product would harden and cause hood closing issues and also the rubber would degenerate rapidly.

Entwicklung Dreißig Zen II E30 HOOD SEALS are constructed in the USA from 100% High performance EPDM rubber. The seals fit between the hood and the fender. This seal completely covers / seals the space between the hood and the fender for better aerodynamics.

Here are some larger images

The material is made specifically for our application. The "off the shelf" stuff we originaly tried distorted (we think because of heat) and did not stand up when exposed to sunlight. We contacted the maker with specifications provided to us by another firm who made products of similar material however did not have the tooling to produce these.

All was well for a while but the suplier doesn't really want to make such small runs and has increased the price by more than 3 times over the past couple of years.

The Group buy is here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=109023
    Last edited by DCColegrove; 04-22-2008, 06:16 PM. Reason: added info and larger images

I would be interested in a set for sure.

Comment

interested.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I'm in.
        Originally posted by Simon S
        When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

I likey

Comment

me too please.
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

I will try to keep an eye on this thread

If it gets to be a big enough demand I'll post a group buy here.

I am waiting on some product feedback and some answers from our supplier

Our price on this stuff was $29 plus shipping six months ago and even in my opinion it has gotten out of hand.

(there is one set left...minor blem for $32 shipped)
              Last edited by DCColegrove; 04-13-2008, 07:22 PM. Reason: (there is one set left...minor blem for $32 shipped)

Comment

Zing. (plus one)

Comment

I'm guessing you shipped out the ones from the ebay auction?

Comment

Originally posted by netcsk View Post
                    I'm guessing you shipped out the ones from the ebay auction?
                    Yes the last of them are going out tomorrow or Tuesday (USPS priority mail)

(there is one set left...minor blem for $32 shipped)

Comment

This may be a stupid question but how do these mount on? Definitely interested if I can find out more about they are attached.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                      No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

I would be interested depending on how/when you'd set up some sort of GB. Money is hard to come by these days for me....

Comment

I'm in for a set
                          sigpic

Comment

I am interested. I would like to see some up close fitment pictures.

Comment

I got mine today, and are on the car now. So here's my review.

It is a D-shaped EDPM weather strip (black). It sealed the gaps up just fine and the hood had to have a litte extra force to shut it. I think if someone wanted to be even more "fuh raze" they could do their trunk gaps! Personaly i felt that i could of went to a hardware store and picked up the stuff for cheaper. But i looked around town today and seen they only had white and brown. Plus he said that he had this stuff made to stand up to to "IE heat, UV, oil resistance etc".

If anyone wants pictures of them on the car, i could get some for you tomorrow maybe.

1992 BMW 325iC
                              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                              X