No announcement yet.

Massive - Dead pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lee, are you going to be making an M-Tech type dead pedal as well?
    Cornering is like bringing a woman to climax.
    -Jackie Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by DragonOrta View Post
      Lee, are you going to be making an M-Tech type dead pedal as well?
      Coming on Friday.

Lee
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

As promised. Here's the latest footrest. It was much more involved to produce than the previous units. Two versions are available. Plain and drilled. They will NOT be sold powder coated, so if you want to add color, it is up to you. Shows us pictures of your pink footrest...

Price is $85usd + $20usd shipping to reflect the higher cost of manufacturing and higher shipping costs. The Hartge-styled pedals will stay $75usd on this first batch. Now $20usd to ship too.

Paypal to massivebrakes@gmail.com

massivebrakes.com

Comment

So how do these attach? I'm assuming the Mtech style uses factory mounting points?
          Originally posted by Simon S
          When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by Mtriple View Post
            So how do these attach? I'm assuming the Mtech style uses factory mounting points?
            Two screws in the speaker mount (remove the kick panel as the holes are already pre
            drilled around the speaker mount hole). The clutch stop button under the steering column (remove the button bolt, position the hole from the pedal, reinstall the button bolt). It's at 15 min. DIY job at the most.
            [I

Comment

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Why wouldn't you weld the joint where the sides meet the top? You have a huge gusset in there that is doing almost NOTHING, other than looking pretty. Even a 1/4 long weld would add TONS of strength.

(this is regarding all styles before the current)

Also, i know stainless has gone up in price, but, shit... 75 bucks? that's a nice margin. ;)

The last style rest still puts the entire load as a moment about the axis of the bend of the "leg". A little gussetting would go a long way. The part that you copied has a stamped rib that creates a coplanar loading, and will likely be much stronger, despite the fact that it's probably a higher gauge (thinner) mild steel.
                Last edited by newman; 02-20-2009, 01:55 PM.

1987 325is: 495whp/400ft-lb
                UPDATED 03/12/10!: RB26DETT Swapped E30

Comment

Hi Newman.

I suggest you make your own and offer them for free.

Thanks

Lee
                  Last edited by Massive Lee; 02-20-2009, 02:04 PM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Hey now. I'm just trying to help.

Ok, the price was kind of a jab, but you are totally making 50% on these. I design sheet stainless parts all day...

What gauge are the pedals? Did i miss it? Looks like 12?

Also, don't be such a grouch.

1987 325is: 495whp/400ft-lb
                    UPDATED 03/12/10!: RB26DETT Swapped E30

Comment

If you can do better, actually go out and make the parts like Lee did. Seems to me like there isn't enough force going onto that pedal to necessitate seam welds and the extra labor involved. I can't judge the price, but it seems perfectly fair to me considering the low production numbers and the tooling.

BTW I will probably buy one of the Mtech reps in the next couple of weeks when I have some extra cash. Is there any anticipated cost change coming?

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

How much for shipping of E30 no carpet pedal plus the floor plate?
                        89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                        E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
                          How much for shipping of E30 no carpet pedal plus the floor plate?
                          $12 shipping to NJ for the dead pedal. Free shipping on the second unit.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                            Is there any anticipated cost change coming?
                            The M tech unit cost me 50% more to make, but I will only charge about 12% more and they won't go over $85.00 for the drilled unit. I will even consider selling the plain ones for $75.00 as they were a bit cheaper to make (less holes to cut= less time laser cutting them).

Lee

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Can you get "MASSIVE" laser-cut into the bottom of the MTech pedal? In the same way that the Hartge pedal has "MASSIVE" cut into it. It looks cool like that.

Comment

Originally posted by mach schnell View Post
                                Can you get "MASSIVE" laser-cut into the bottom of the MTech pedal? In the same way that the Hartge pedal has "MASSIVE" cut into it. It looks cool like that.
                                Everything is possible and I even considered it. But I wanted to offer various versions and see what people liked. :mrgreen: If you order a few dozens, I can even have your girlfriend's name...

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Working...
                                X