Massive - Dead pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
    Everything is possible and I even considered it. But I wanted to offer various versions and see what people liked. :mrgreen: If you order a few dozens, I can even have your girlfriend's name...

So if I'm willing to pay some extra, you can get the "MASSIVE" into it?

Haha, no thanks, don't want my GF's name in it :D

By the way, I think it should be said that it is REALLY cool that you are making E30 specific parts. We need more people like you making good parts for us. Good job!

Comment

I cannot have more laser cutting done after the parts are produced. If you guys want such modification, then I will follow what people want... on next batch.
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Is that just a foot rest or is that the new dead pedal?
        I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
        2875-C Towerview Road
        Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
          Is that just a foot rest or is that the new dead pedal?
          Foot rest and dead pedal are two different names for the same thing.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Payment sent....thanks.
            89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
            E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Received. Will ship today.

Thanks

Lee

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by mach schnell View Post
                by the way, i think it should be said that it is really cool that you are making e30 specific parts. We need more people like you making good parts for us. Good job!
                +1
                [I

Comment

Got my pedal today. A nice dose of kickass. I guess 2 sheet metals screws on the bottom into the floor and the top goes somewhere.. I forget..Might send it out to powder coat. Not sure yet.
                  dlm NY

Comment

paypal sent

Comment

Originally posted by mscott View Post
                      paypal sent
                      More goodies for the white car?

Comment

Those of you who are installing the M-Technic style footrest, please share your expertise for installing it. The repro is a pretty accurate repro of the original, and therefore should mount the same way. Is any extra fitting required?

CactusJack? Any hint?

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                          Those of you who are installing the M-Technic style footrest, please share your expertise for installing it. The repro is a pretty accurate repro of the original, and therefore should mount the same way. Is any extra fitting required?

CactusJack? Any hint?

Lee, All the OEM pedals take some tweaking to get them installed. That's because the bracket (#4 above) is NLA so all the installations are being done without the bracket. That being said, yours might need a little tweaking as well.

With either one, you'll find it best to position the pedal so that the right bracket can be secured loosely, then push the pedal in place, so that the left bracket (with 2 screw holes) is positioned next to the metal behind the kick panel - (assuming you have removed the plastic kick panel as well as the 2 screws that hold the hood bracket - this is also where the speaker is mounted). The two screw holes in the pedal bracket may/may not line up with pre-drilled holes in the metal. If they don't line up, just position the pedal where it fits best & drill 2 mounting holes or use self tapping screws to secure the pedal. Replace the hood bracket & the kick panel to complete. Take a pic & share it here.

I was very pleased with the quality & craftsmanship of both styles of the "Massive" dead pedal. I did a test fit on a car that originally had an OEM Hartge pedal & the "massive Hartge" pedal lined up perfectly. I have not had a chance yet, to do the same with the "massive" M-tec pedal, but it mirrors my OEM one in every dimension.
                          [I

Comment

#4 on the diagram is the bracket that holds a control unit behind the speaker panel. Sure, one grommet might be missing (number 10) but I think it is nothing that could prevent installing an M technic foot rest the way it was intended. BTW the diagram shows a bent left bracket, which I believe is not bent. Simply a bad drawing. For those of you who may not have catched it, the right bracket goes into the clutch stopper...

Also, you may have noticed that the left hand lip is not 100% folded at 90 degrees. But it is just like the original, not 100% square.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

All of this weekend's orders have been shipped this morning. I currently have a waiting list on the e30-race pedal. They will be shipped on Friday. Next batch is 40 units and they will come in aluminum.

Almost out of M-Technic pedals. 2 plain units left. Will order another batch of 20. Because of the complex folding, they will still be made from stainless steel.

Three Hartge units left.

Nonetheless, I am very open to any commentary on the M-Technic pedal's visual aspect. Round vs oval holes vs plain. With or without a Massive script in the middle. I can't have an ///M logo because of copyright infrigement and intellectual property of the ///M logo.

I still have some floor plates left, and I am currently using them for mounting a fuel pump, fuel filter and surge tank in my racecar's trunk. Nice lay out.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Might you make a matching pedal set? :)
                                Cornering is like bringing a woman to climax.
                                -Jackie Stewart

Comment

Working...
                                X