Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17x8" ET25: Lightweight Track Wheels: APEX ARC-8 HERE NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why hasn't everyone paid up yet? Only 15 days left.... I really hope this group buy does not fail.
    Turbo E30
    Roadkill 80lb 93 octane OBDI tune
    BavSol Cylinder Head
    Stock S50 in. cam Schrick ex. cam
    Otis' tubular T4 manifold
    Oringed 87mm S52, Eagle rods and 8.5:1 CP pistons.
    GT4094r w/Batmowheel Impeller
    614whp@17.5psi, 100 Oct
    690whp@21psi, 100 Oct
    801whp@27psi, 110 URT
    Old: 1/4 mile: 10.91@144.38 (636whp)
    New: ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_f7fUVqblI

Comment

Seriously, i had to put tires on my car a few weeks ago and i bought the cheapest ones i could possibly find because i knew i'd be buying tires for the new wheels.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I already have my tires. :-D Oh how I love randomly finding 235/40/17 Yoko R-Comps kicking around the shop...
        '89 325is S50 Track Montser
        '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by rneedham1979 View Post
          Why hasn't everyone paid up yet? Only 15 days left.... I really hope this group buy does not fail.
          A number of people emailed/pm'ed me about getting payment in at random intervals during the groupbuy. I'm just not counting ANYONE until they truly purchase.

I hope to find out about shipping to Australia tomorrow when I have my meeting with UPS about domestic freight. We need them to step up as well.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Sweet... So I guess we are looking good for the group buy?

I hope so, I really want these wheels!

Ryan
            Turbo E30
            BavSol Cylinder Head
            614whp@17.5psi, 100 Oct
            690whp@21psi, 100 Oct
            801whp@27psi, 110 URT

Comment

Guys, I just need some confirmation, what size tyres would everyone fit to these? also is there any chance they would rub on the inside of the guards? I'm a bit worried now as I had a set of 215/45/R17 on some 17x7.5 wheels and they rubbed the hell out of the rear guards, and I really dont want that to happen again. unfortunately I have no idea what offset those wheels were so cant reassure myself that it wont happen again!

I would be looking to probably fit 225/40/R17's - I think these should be ok, same diameter roughly as stock wheels but 30mm wider :S

PS. if the answer is positive to my question I should be able to make my payment on Tuesday - I really want these wheels!
              Last edited by bunteh; 06-13-2009, 11:28 AM.

Comment

225s would probably fit, I'm planning on 235/40s, as are a few others. You can ask Mystikal in the fitment sticky, or do a search on the wheel specs and see what people are gonna be doing. Also, if you call Eddy, he can suggest some sizes. I talked to him for a good half hour on the matter. I don't want to misquote him, but I think he was saying i'll have a hard time fitting 235s, but after talking to Mystikal, it sounds like i'll only need to roll my fenders to make em work. (Could need more work to make em fit, but I'm planning on coilovers and camber plates, so adjustment will be more open than a stock suspension).

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I am going to run 245/40/17's in the rear and 235-45-17's up front. I am having the rear 1/4s rolled before I repaint the car to ensure a good fit.

Buy them!

Ryan
                  Turbo E30
                  BavSol Cylinder Head
                  614whp@17.5psi, 100 Oct
                  690whp@21psi, 100 Oct
                  801whp@27psi, 110 URT

Comment

Yes, please buy them..... I bought really really crappy tires for my bottle caps for the sole reason of having $$ for these wheels and some nice fat sticky tires

Comment

Originally posted by bunteh View Post
                      Guys, I just need some confirmation, what size tyres would everyone fit to these? also is there any chance they would rub on the inside of the guards? I'm a bit worried now as I had a set of 215/45/R17 on some 17x7.5 wheels and they rubbed the hell out of the rear guards, and I really dont want that to happen again. unfortunately I have no idea what offset those wheels were so cant reassure myself that it wont happen again!

I would be looking to probably fit 225/40/R17's - I think these should be ok, same diameter roughly as stock wheels but 30mm wider :S

PS. if the answer is positive to my question I should be able to make my payment on Tuesday - I really want these wheels!
                      225/40/17 will be fine, though it is a rare size, at least in NA.

235/40/17 is possible with just a fender roll.

Comment

So bunteh, you make your payment tuesday? :)

Comment

Ive transferred some money to my transaction account so I can transfer funds to paypal: so providing it goes through tonight, I will be paying in full tuesday. If not Wednesday at the latest!
                          now everyone else get off your arse and pay!!

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          225/40/17 will be fine, though it is a rare size, at least in NA.

235/40/17 is possible with just a fender roll.
                          forgive my noobiness, but is a fender roll just rolling the very lip of the wheel arch? eg. the attached photo (excuse my filthy car)

If so this has already been done (poorly) but still, please ease my mind you strange folk from the internet.

Comment

As an after thought I hate your dollar.

Comment

There is a lip inside the fender... Think like an L or something, the vertical part being the exterior of the car and the horizontal part being the lip inside the fender. a roll just turns the L into a V more, rolling the horizontal part fush for more clearance.

Comment

Is there a 4lug bbk that will fill this wheel? I saw the wilwood 6 piston, but that was m3 5lug fitment....
                                My LS1 swap thread:
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=160030

Comment

Working...
                                X