Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17x8" ET25: Lightweight Track Wheels: APEX ARC-8 HERE NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
    Huh, sry I missed this. I ordered 235/40 star specs Thursday, should be here, mounted and ready Mon/Tues. Hopefully *fingers crossed*

I am a little worried about fitment. I've never rolled fenders before and I did it today. The fronts rolled nicely, i think? lol, but the rears fought me. I don't know if I made any progress at all with them, but I tried.

I'm really anxious right now.... I'm not sure what my final ride height will be / should be. I'm not sure if they will fit without more work. My old man wants to help show me how to pull the fenders if there's rubbing. I know after pulling em they will fit. Even with heat, the paint went to shit when I rolled the fenders so now I'm also considering getting the car resprayed.... We shall see though. It's not a necessity, just another *want*.

Oh, and I put a wheel on the hub after rolling, just to see.... /drool, I'm really excited.
    There is some kind of putty/sealant in the rear fender area where you roll back the metal. That needs to be scrapped out with a tool. Otherwise your just moving the fender around. You want to be able to knife edge the sheet metal up against the outer fender.

Rolling before even having a tire on a wheel might have been getting ahead of yourself. You need to see how much it would have rubbed and work you way from there. I guess we'll find out soon :)

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Huh, sry I missed this. I ordered 235/40 star specs Thursday, should be here, mounted and ready Mon/Tues. Hopefully *fingers crossed*

I am a little worried about fitment. I've never rolled fenders before and I did it today. The fronts rolled nicely, i think? lol, but the rears fought me. I don't know if I made any progress at all with them, but I tried.

I'm really anxious right now.... I'm not sure what my final ride height will be / should be. I'm not sure if they will fit without more work. My old man wants to help show me how to pull the fenders if there's rubbing. I know after pulling em they will fit. Even with heat, the paint went to shit when I rolled the fenders so now I'm also considering getting the car resprayed.... We shall see though. It's not a necessity, just another *want*.

Oh, and I put a wheel on the hub after rolling, just to see.... /drool, I'm really excited.

I'm hoping I won't have to roll my fenders. I'd just as soon use a slightly narrower tire to avoid fender rollling. I got a bit of a rake going on, so I'll cross my fingers.

Hey Bishop, any pics, post 'em up!! :)

BTW... 26K+ views for a GB on custom molded rims... pretty impressive!
      Last edited by ngcreese; 09-12-2009, 12:44 PM.
      1991 325i
      With mods...

Comment

Originally posted by rneedham1979 View Post
        I would not roll fenders until the tires were mounted and the wheels were installed... That's just me though. Did you snap some pics?
        I took one pic with my phone, I'll see if I can get it posted. It's nothing special, I just put the wheel on the hub while the car was on stands.
        Originally posted by PaintPro21 View Post
        There is some kind of putty/sealant in the rear fender area where you roll back the metal. That needs to be scrapped out with a tool. Otherwise your just moving the fender around. You want to be able to knife edge the sheet metal up against the outer fender.

Rolling before even having a tire on a wheel might have been getting ahead of yourself. You need to see how much it would have rubbed and work you way from there. I guess we'll find out soon :)
        Yeah, I remembered reading about the puddy after the fact. Oh well, I didn't spend a ton of time on the rears anyway. With the worry about fitment, it seemed that there needed to be rolling regardless, so I just did it. I did the fronts completely flat because I'd rather have the extra room, than make JUST enough room for them to fit. I'm not too worried about the fronts, but I'm kinda sketch on how the rears will fit.
        Originally posted by ngcreese View Post
        I'm hoping I won't have to roll my fenders. I'd just as soon use a slightly narrower tire to avoid fender rollling. I got a bit of a rake going on, so I'll cross my fingers.

Hey Bishop, any pics, post 'em up!! :)

BTW... 26K+ views for a GB on custom molded rims... pretty impressive.
        If you can manage the same size, without rolling, my hat's off to you. You'll be proof I jumped the gun. Like I said though, I'm only really worried about the rears. I also haven't set ride height at all yet, so I really need to do that too once the tires get mounted.
        I have 3 pics, 2 from my digital of the boxes, and 1 wheel removed. The 3rd was taken with my camera, like I said, just sitting on the hub.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
        Originally posted by DTM190
        "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

iPhone pic.

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

What a difference!
            Turbo E30
            Roadkill 80lb 93 octane OBDI tune
            BavSol Cylinder Head
            Stock S50 in. cam Schrick ex. cam
            Otis' tubular T4 manifold
            Oringed 87mm S52, Eagle rods and 8.5:1 CP pistons.
            GT4094r w/Batmowheel Impeller
            614whp@17.5psi, 100 Oct
            690whp@21psi, 100 Oct
            801whp@27psi, 110 URT
            Old: 1/4 mile: 10.91@144.38 (636whp)
            New: ?
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_f7fUVqblI

Comment

:up: ...very nice!

Me... want... mines!!!
              Last edited by ngcreese; 09-12-2009, 12:43 PM.
              1991 325i
              With mods...

Comment

more pictures!!!!
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

1+
                  Turbo E30
                  Roadkill 80lb 93 octane OBDI tune
                  BavSol Cylinder Head
                  Stock S50 in. cam Schrick ex. cam
                  Otis' tubular T4 manifold
                  Oringed 87mm S52, Eagle rods and 8.5:1 CP pistons.
                  GT4094r w/Batmowheel Impeller
                  614whp@17.5psi, 100 Oct
                  690whp@21psi, 100 Oct
                  801whp@27psi, 110 URT
                  Old: 1/4 mile: 10.91@144.38 (636whp)
                  New: ?
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_f7fUVqblI

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                    more pictures!!!!
                    +1

Did I mention... that's sexy!!
                    Last edited by ngcreese; 09-12-2009, 02:29 PM.
                    1991 325i
                    With mods...

Comment

What a difference!
                      It is. I was kinda worried that 17s would look out of place on an e30, simply because they don't seem to be a popular choice. But to be honest, I think they'll fit perfect simply because it looked small while it was just sitting on the hub.
                      :up: ...very nice!

Me... want... mines!!!
                      Did you order a set?
                      Originally posted by george graves View Post
                      more pictures!!!!
                      George, good to see you're still active after your recent shit. I promise I'll post pics minutes after I get tires mounted and everything put on the car.
                      1+
                      +1

Did I mention... that's sexy!!
                      Thx

Comment

Awesome. Do you have any up close pics of the fenders? I'm curious to see how bad your paint got messed up, it looks perfect in the pic you posted. I'm just worried my paint will get messed up because I've never rolled fenders before.

Matt
                        Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                        I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                        Originally posted by chadthestampede
                        This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Did you order a set?
                          Yep, I snagged a set. I won't have my full set until the end of the month.
                          Gotta keep the wife happy first.
                          1991 325i
                          With mods...

Comment

Originally posted by E30Nova View Post
                            Awesome. Do you have any up close pics of the fenders? I'm curious to see how bad your paint got messed up, it looks perfect in the pic you posted. I'm just worried my paint will get messed up because I've never rolled fenders before.

Matt
                            On the outside, still looks decent. You gotta be looking kinda close. On the seam where it folded, the paint just cracked and flaked away. Theres some bare metal along the seams, but it's not really attention grabbing unless your inspecting the fender.
                            Yep, I snagged a set. I won't have my full set until the end of the month.
                            Gotta keep the wife happy first.
                            I hear ya. priorities.

EDIT: I'll get some closer up pics when I get a chance, it's late and were getting some heavy ass rainfall right now. First big storm driving in the e30, not too shabby... I was glad at first I went from sealed beams to ellips, but after tonight, the ellips with just bulbs are rubbish I think. Time to rethink my options (different bulbs or HID).
                            Last edited by Bishop; 09-12-2009, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I can't wait until these things start to pop up on the used market when I can afford them.
                              Byron
                              Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                                I can't wait until these things start to pop up on the used market when I can afford them.
                                I have a set for sale.....PM me if interested.
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X