Bimmerfanatik (Scott)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
    That's cool how all the guys had his back though...
    Wrrd. Those guys didn't put up with a minute of BS.
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
      Wrrd. Those guys didn't put up with a minute of BS.
      They're not quite as 'hard-core' as they'd like you to think they are.

Comment

hahahah I take it you are a JeepsUnlimited type?

but yes many of them are admittedly trying to make up for being made fun of in elementary school.

Comment

WTF is up with E30RAT having his back all the time?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Breaking News!

Scott sends parts, not all of them, but at least some of them! No tracking on headlights, because they're USPS, but I have official FEDEX tracking on stromung exhaust...hallelujah!!! Expecting grills to be shipped out by Friday and a paypal refund for springs + compensation...we'll see if and when it actually happens. I hope Scott chimes in with a few words for r3v. Thanks Dave for helping expedite this long overdue process.
            sigpic
            An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

Comment

Ray,

You bring up a good point.

I tried to help Scott bail himself out of his mess a while back. I had done business with ihm in the past, and had gotten to know him and hated to see the mess he made. I also knew there were several people who were holding the short end of the stick.

I think he got most, if not all, of those people set right. Mind you, it was long overdue for most of them. I really didnt think Scott was a scammer, but instead I figured that he just dropped the ball.

When I was helping him with that, he let me know that he wanted to set things right with people and in fact wanted to try and sell some more stuff. I tried to help broker some of those deals, holding the money and NOT giving it to Scott until people had their parts.

Then he sort of disappeared again. I figured that was it. Then elguapo PM'd me. I was not involved in any way on his deal, but it was in fact the same song and dance I'd heard before. I told elguapo I'd try to contact Scott, but also that he ought to cover his ass and make a PayPal claim. I guess Scott talked him out of doing that. This was a few weeks back.

elguapo contacted me again more recently - and Scott had been ignoring him. I emailed Scott and the communication re-opened. (Why he answered me and not the guy he owed parts/money to, I dunno).

I dont know what his deal is - if he has depression issues, drug problems, gambling, whatever. But he cant seem to keep his commitments to people. I honestly dont think the guy is a scammer - there is something else going on here. That however, is not the problem of those who send him $$ and expect parts in return.

It pains me because I tried to help him out. It also pains me because he has(had) my old cabby and was going to restore it, so I gave him, literally gave him, quite a lot of valuable parts that were spares to me at the time. Of course, those were sold. The suspension parts are in fact what elguapo was trying to buy.

Yes, I tried to help him out of his mess the first go around, and if there are others out there, I'll do my best to help them get what they are owed. But no more.

I've made it known to the management what I think needs to happen here.
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

Dave CN ='s Good dude.

Comment

Reid I am happy to see some of this getting sorted out. These kinds of situations are just really shitty for everyone. Hope to see you again soon. The picnic was a blast this year, glad you could make it.

Isaac
                  :: PNW Crew ::
                  '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

DaveCN tried to help him out a while back. I still haven't received what I paid for and it's been over a year now.
                    Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Adam, perhaps get in contact with Dave or elguapo to attempt contact with Scott if you wish to pursue the matter.

Scott has been banned from the forum. He was one of the last people I'd ever anticipated having to ban, but with this whole mess happening all over again, it's just too much to warrant giving him a third chance. I hope that all of you who are still having problems with him get them resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo84 View Post
                        You know what's interesting...I sent an email explaining what fraudulent interstate business practices are, and how it is a federal offense,
                        Its not a federal offense unless its over 10k.

Shitty none the less though.
                        Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Wow. Shame. He was a great guy I hope he gets his act together & that the people that are harmed get their parts or money.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Thanks to everyone, especially Dave-CN, for helping me sort this out.

Off topic - Have any of you PNW guys ever heard of Microsoft usability testing? If not, go to www.microsoft.com/usability and fill out the general enrollment form then call 888-261-8488 and say that Reid Nelson referred you to participate in a usability study.
                            Essentially this is what happens...you go to Microsoft main campus in redmond and spend anywhere from 1 to 4 hours testing some Microsoft software or hardware, such as the Zune, xbox 360 or windows mobile. Then they give you 1 or 2 software "gratuities" depending on how long your study was, which you can then sell on ebay or through craigslist for anywhere from 250-400 dollars depending on which software you choose/is available. I met a guy through craigslist who you can call and will meet you in redmond or seattle area and give you cash on the spot. You can do one study every three months, so around the 2 1/2 month marker call that phone number again and say its been about 3 months, and they'll get you signed up again. Just so you guys know, the past three times I've done this I've made 640, 660, and 510 dollars, respectively. This is one of the main ways I've funded my m-tech, and is the financial source of my upcoming suspension upgrade. This is something you should all consider taking advantage of. My roommate lucked out and got a four week longitudinal study (1 hour each week, 4 days total) and he net 1350 for four hours of his time plus driving. Easy, legitimate, fast money. Selling the software is legal, but don't talk about it when you're at Microsoft, because its sort of looked down upon. Let me know if you have any general questions or questions about which product pays the best, etc...I'll copy this into a separate post.
                            sigpic
                            An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

Comment

Originally posted by AdamF 88iS View Post
                              DaveCN tried to help him out a while back. I still haven't received what I paid for and it's been over a year now.

He told me he issued a refund. Sorry, Adam.
                              Current Cars
                              2014 M235i
                              2009 R56 Cooper S
                              1998 M3
                              1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
                                Ray,

You bring up a good point.

I tried to help Scott bail himself out of his mess a while back. I had done business with ihm in the past, and had gotten to know him and hated to see the mess he made. I also knew there were several people who were holding the short end of the stick.

I think he got most, if not all, of those people set right. Mind you, it was long overdue for most of them. I really didnt think Scott was a scammer, but instead I figured that he just dropped the ball.

When I was helping him with that, he let me know that he wanted to set things right with people and in fact wanted to try and sell some more stuff. I tried to help broker some of those deals, holding the money and NOT giving it to Scott until people had their parts.

Then he sort of disappeared again. I figured that was it. Then elguapo PM'd me. I was not involved in any way on his deal, but it was in fact the same song and dance I'd heard before. I told elguapo I'd try to contact Scott, but also that he ought to cover his ass and make a PayPal claim. I guess Scott talked him out of doing that. This was a few weeks back.

elguapo contacted me again more recently - and Scott had been ignoring him. I emailed Scott and the communication re-opened. (Why he answered me and not the guy he owed parts/money to, I dunno).

I dont know what his deal is - if he has depression issues, drug problems, gambling, whatever. But he cant seem to keep his commitments to people. I honestly dont think the guy is a scammer - there is something else going on here. That however, is not the problem of those who send him $$ and expect parts in return.

It pains me because I tried to help him out. It also pains me because he has(had) my old cabby and was going to restore it, so I gave him, literally gave him, quite a lot of valuable parts that were spares to me at the time. Of course, those were sold. The suspension parts are in fact what elguapo was trying to buy.

Yes, I tried to help him out of his mess the first go around, and if there are others out there, I'll do my best to help them get what they are owed. But no more.

I've made it known to the management what I think needs to happen here.
                                Without a doubt one of the best posts I've ever seen on R3v. Well thought out, levelheaded, and well written.

Thanks for trying to help all these people, Dave.

Comment

Working...
                                X