K20ri_211

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K20ri_211

Took the time to drive out of his way to meet me for some seats that were in exactly the condition he described. Good guy and parts!
    1991 Alpine 318i w/S52 swap

Bought an e-brake console and ashtray from K20RI_211. Price and shipping were very reasonable. He shipped it quickly, provided FedEx tracking number and packaging was top notch. Really good guy!

Comment

Originally posted by JWHIII View Post
      Bought an e-brake console and ashtray from K20RI_211. Price and shipping were very reasonable. He shipped it quickly, provided FedEx tracking number and packaging was top notch. Really good guy!
      Thanks much. Appreciate the prompt payment!
      Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=254176

Comment

Bought tweeter pods from K20RI_211 and they came exactly as described as well as packed very safely. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again!

Comment

Originally posted by tally159 View Post
          Bought tweeter pods from K20RI_211 and they came exactly as described as well as packed very safely. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again!
          Much appreciated. Glad all went well.

Comment

Bought a coin tray, no more coin rattle in the ash tray. Thanks!

Good communication, fair price, good shipment!

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
              Bought a coin tray, no more coin rattle in the ash tray. Thanks!

Good communication, fair price, good shipment!
              Gracias!

Comment

Thanks for the black rear speaker housing. They were shipped fasted and in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by AttilaS View Post
                  Thanks for the black rear speaker housing. They were shipped fasted and in good shape.
                  Much appreciated! Glad they worked out!

Comment

Seller is not Amazon

I thought I'd share this seller's return policy, as it doesn't appear in his for-sale threads. I waited too long to test them so paypal can't help me, but maybe this will help someone else.

I bought a pair of premium speakers listed in "great" condition for $40. When they came, one of the midrange didn't work at all. I asked for a refund for the bad speaker, here's the response I get:

Originally posted by K20RI_211
                    With all due respect, these are speakers removed from a car manufactured in 1986. I've sold over a dozen sets of these and you are the first person who is concerned that they don't perform as-new.

I sell OEM premium speakers that meet the following criteria:

a.) The housings are not cracked and present well visually;
                    b.) The grilles are in decent shape and also are cosmetically decent;
                    c.) The factory wiring is intact and has not been hacked;
                    d.) The speaker units themselves have not been modified to fit some aftermarket crap.

In other words, all of my for sale listings present a speaker unit as "original." Everyone I have dealt with simply wants something that they can manipulate as they see fit without wondering what a previous owner has done. And no one - not a single buyer - has expected Mark Levinson-quality sound out of a speaker that is approaching 30 years old.

I am not Amazon and I do not sell with a warranty or a return policy, especially on items where common sense would dictate that if you held reservations about whether or not something made at the tail-end of 1985 *might* not perform up to your standards, you may want to present that concern before purchasing.

If this means I need to issue a lengthy disclaimer on all of my ads from now on, so be it. But you are the only person who has brought up such an issue, and given I did not advertise the product any differently than the format in which I referenced above, I am not liable for the concerns you have.

These things sell on eBay for $80-$100 in poorer condition within the same parameters I referenced above. If I had presented the item as providing outstanding sound quality because it was hermetically sealed in a vault since the late 80s, then your concerns would have merit. However, I did not and therefore cannot offer any sort of a return.

Originally posted by Semblance
                    Can you help me out? One of the midrange doesn't work at all. Let me know how you want to do this.

Thanks.
                    '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
                    '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
                    '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

Originally posted by Semblance View Post
                      I thought I'd share this seller's return policy, as it doesn't appear in his for-sale threads. I waited too long to test them so paypal can't help me, but maybe this will help someone else.

I bought a pair of premium speakers listed in "great" condition for $40. When they came, one of the midrange didn't work at all. I asked for a refund for the bad speaker, here's the response I get:
                      Thank you for posting the content of a "private" message. ;-)

For the record, this is where I stand on these products. I do not sell components that have been altered in any way from factory condition. I have seen many, many speakers over the years that have been hacked, spliced, split, etc. - I do not sell anything of that quality.

If the components are removed from a vehicle that has clearly had its stereo modified, I do not sell them. Concurrently, I do not offer any assumption of sound quality as I cannot control how the purchaser will use the speakers. Did they hook it up to a modified stereo? Is there an amplifier in the end user's system? There are simply too many variables that open the door to people potentially asking you to refund their bad judgement. Not saying that's every case, but it's too much vulnerability to offer compensation for sound quality / performance not up to one's liking, especially on components that are approaching 30 years old.

This user asked me for refund, and then when I presented my response, he messaged me back with the following:

You know, that's a really long email for what amounts to $20 in refund for one dead speaker.

When originally, he requested a full refund for $40:

Can I get a refund? 40 less the paypal fees.

So, near as I can figure it, this user was fishing for something they decided they no longer wanted in their car. I do not offer returns on most items, especially when someone wishes they still had $40 (or $20) in their pocket.

If anyone has any concerns, feel free to message me directly.

Comment

If I could use the speakers I'd be happy to install them. Yes, I asked for a full refund, as it's hard to use one speaker. Sorry if that seems unreasonable, and my bad for stating here that I'd accept partial refund, which I only suggested, as you quoted, after your lovely missive. After a couple of days of silence, I figured it wasn't forthcoming. I don't need the cash, it's the principle that bothers me.

Still, I have one dead premium speaker in "great condition". Many thanks to a great seller.
                        '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
                        '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
                        '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

Bought and received quality set of Natur "Premium" rear speakers and front tweeters in great working condition.

Well-packed, shipped promptly, and great seller communication.

Would deal with again in a heartbeat.

Thanks Jeff.

nogapersnBMWs / Glen
                          1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Originally posted by Jb325is
                          Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.
                          Transaction Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=258421

Comment

Originally posted by nogapersnBMWs View Post
                            Bought and received quality set of Natur "Premium" rear speakers and front tweeters in great working condition.

Well-packed, shipped promptly, and great seller communication.

Would deal with again in a heartbeat.

Thanks Jeff.

nogapersnBMWs / Glen
                            Thanks Glen! Your front premiums will be en route today. I'll text you later w/ tracking.

Comment

guy s great, very detailed explanation of the speakers he sent me and took his time to answer all my very very basic questions! hope to do more business with him in the future

Comment

Working...
                              X