Warning: Sevan Gharibjanian/SISE BMW in Los Angeles CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning: Sevan Gharibjanian/SISE BMW in Los Angeles CA

On the weekend I purchased an limited slip differential from Sevan Gharibjanian SISE BMW ( http://sisebmw.com/) in Los Angeles, CA. He also advertises lsds on Craigslist.

Checked the tag and checked both shafts turned the same direction. Opened it up two hours later to discover it was fitted with a cheap progressive "lsd" centre. Called him multiple times to try and fix the issue without any success. Buyer beware and remember to open up any diff before handing over the cash.

That is really messed up and sneaky.
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

what is a "cheap progressive lsd centre"

edit: this thing? never even heard of it being used.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        what is a "cheap progressive lsd centre"

edit: this thing? never even heard of it being used.

Yep that's it. Never seen one before either.

Comment

His website is full of misinformation and blatant scamming.

Have you had a look at the "Cars For Sale" section?

Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I wouldn’t trust someone with that last name.
            no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

Originally posted by matias88e30 View Post
              good ol' xenophobia, well done
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by matias88e30 View Post
                never go full retard
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by E30INTL. View Post
                  Called him multiple times to try and fix the issue without any success.
                  From what I saw in the facebook argument, he made more than reasonable attempts to get the diff back and refund you. You made the mistake of leaving the diff in a hotel room, why would you expect any seller to refund your money without getting their product back?
                  m106 1990 e30
                  e36 daily
                  e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                    From what I saw in the facebook argument, he made more than reasonable attempts to get the diff back and refund you. You made the mistake of leaving the diff in a hotel room, why would you expect any seller to refund your money without getting their product back?
                    Im from Australia and was in LA for 2 nights. He knew i was leaving the following day after i had called him to report the issue. I was not going to carry an 80lbs diff that was worthless to the airport and pay for additional baggage. He continued to stall, full well knowing i would be out of his hair and out of the country.

Comment

Thats messed up. I always pay by paypal for this reason. Hope that traitors diff explodes on the freeway and causes him mishap worth thousands :)

Comment

I love the forsale area on his web site that shows the e21 ....and the interior picture is a 2002 interior. Solid operation they got going on
                        -His-
                        87 e30 325i
                        87 e24 m6
                        05 e83 x3
                        94 e32 740i 5spd
                        -Hers-
                        89 e30 325i
                        18 f48 x1

Comment

You live and you learn
                          Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                          If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
                          Originally posted by J3M93
                          This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Hello,
                            sorry for responding 5 years later but there are some things to clarify for the sake of my business

First of all, I did not know it was a conversion kit since I spun it with my hands and it behaved how an LSD would. yes it was an open diff conversion kit, no I did not know nor did I mean to scam anyone not just because its a scummy thing to do but I would be stupid to ruin my reputation over $500

"Called him multiple times to try and fix the issue without any success" That is a complete lie ​I offered to return your money back at my shop but you told me to drive all the way to downtown which was like a 3-hour drive with traffic at the time, which I was not going to do for a measly $500 I offered you to return you had somewhere to be, you going back to Australia is your responsibility you aren't entitled to me to drive all the way there you are one out of many customers, if you wanted a refund you could have come to my shop I was more than willing to give your money back.

I'm writing this for clarification since your bad review is one of the first things that pop up when you search my name and I'm just sharing my side of the story.

Comment

That really sucks but these things happen when buying old parts...things sometimes get swapped, etc. The buyer really must do their due diligence to know what they are buying. This problem was made worse by the fact the buyer was from out of the country and couldn't complete the refund.

Get in touch with a local in the community to help out next time. I'm sure someone would have returned the diff and got your money back to you.
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                              X