No announcement yet.

gregslow318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the serperntine belt was cause of a bad tensioner which i replaced. yea there were things wrong with it but i always got whatever was needed done. i figured it was an old car so things like the csb was bound to go out and it did. So i replaced that too. One coil was bad so i fixed it, i dont think it was always limping around. The car idled fine when i put a new coil in. The fuel problem was well before the swap, after the m20 motor me and josh put in there went to shit. Your first car is not going to have never ending problems, its an old car if something goes out you fix it, i cant tell you whats going to go out next.

This is making it sound like i sold you a POS car, but my car was running great when i fixed the problems and when i sold it to you it had no issues.
    Originally posted by blunttech
    r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
      the serperntine belt was cause of a bad tensioner which i replaced. yea there were things wrong with it but i always got whatever was needed done. i figured it was an old car so things like the csb was bound to go out and it did. So i replaced that too. One coil was bad so i fixed it, i dont think it was always limping around. The car idled fine when i put a new coil in. The fuel problem was well before the swap, after the m20 motor me and josh put in there went to shit. Your first car is not going to have never ending problems, its an old car if something goes out you fix it, i cant tell you whats going to go out next.

This is making it sound like i sold you a POS car, but my car was running great when i fixed the problems and when i sold it to you it had no issues.
      yeah, and i'm not saying you sold me a shit car. it ran great when you sold it to me. i'm just not quite so sure of the quality of work that was put into the swap. i don't know whether or not the accessories used for the swap were in new or good condition.
      the car ran strong and it was fun until it broke, but i didn't even get to see it past 6k rpms :(

i just don't want everything going shit on me from this point on. hopefully nothing else goes bad.

Comment

Things will go bad. It's the nature of car enthusiasm. That said, those vacuum, if anything like mine, where suspect before they ever saw an e30 engine bay.
        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

the thing is, i don't think it's a vacuum leak. the hoses were all checked by my eyes, and two other sets of eyes at the shop.

Comment

ur car isnt a pos... looking at his wiring, id say take the "adapter" off and redo it yourself or just make sure that all the wires are intact and connected. there isnt really that much to the swap, so its not hard to look over all of gregs work and check yourself. Why not buy a motor from bavarian auto recycling with a warranty? instead of one from greg that was out of a "babied automatic" or "old ladies car."

Comment

I guess Greg cared so much about the community he just wrote it off. Fantastic.

Greg: "I have no emotional attachment to these pieces of shit cars anymore..."
              Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Is he the same guy who has been selling BMW stuffs on Craigslist?

Comment

Yes.

Anything that has a phone number and then "NO TXTS!" after it. Also, "North Seattle".
                  Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Killacortes View Post

Pierre im not saying you did anything worng. Im saying that your car never ran properly! heck remember when we did a highway pull? just wanted to put my .02 cents in because your swap was super ghetto shit look at the photos!
                    sigpic

Comment

Not that Greg even comes on r3v anymore but, here's how you handle this sort of thing from my own experience:

Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Also, I did not receive a red label 413 DME. I just recently pulled it again to trouble shoot some issues and found I have a silver label 403. Anything, Greg?
                        Need a part? PM me.

Comment

No word from Greg in the slightest.
                          Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Not sure if this means anything or not, but I tried to call him 3 times today to ask a question about his harness adapter, and no answer, no calls returned.

Comment

Greg did get back to me today, but we'd already figured out what we had a question about. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                                Greg did get back to me today, but we'd already figured out what we had a question about. :)
                                Should tell him to respond to some PM's. Letter's are going out in a week.
                                Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X