Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
    You're ignoring what I've said.

That and it's not really a garage, it was built as a shop. Lift, tools, etc etc etc

I'm not attempting to take sides (though everyone can tell I know greg) I'm just trying to throw out some facts that you guys may not realize.
    Which means even more that he needs to follow the LAWS regarding this stuff, which he has not.

And lest we not forget, this swap DID include a tranny, and I am still not clear on how the diffy deal was supposed to go down.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

So he is running a auto repair business out of an uninsured "shop" in his yard.

If it's a "Shop", and not a single family home two car garage with a kid playing in it, the expectations you imply I'm ignoring should have been even higher. I would take a shop to court for that quality level of work, and if it's a shop, he should be providing written estimates, even if the payment is in barter/trade.

I think Greg should ask everyone to stop defending him, and defend himself, because as more and more info comes out, the hole is getting deeper and deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
        Yikes, that adapter bother me. I'm sensitive about wiring, and I think you'd be better served by not even having an adapter cable.

Just wire the motor straight to a C101 plug.

What are you going to do, swap that motor back into an e36?

Why are we doing adapters??
        yeah, I don't get it either. wiring it up directly is not hard, and you don't end up with hack job shit like check engine lights inside the harness, or melted wiring because they didn't know what they were doing. $100 for an adapter made from scavenged junkyard parts? no thanks..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I keep telling Chris we need to do that harness in hockey tape and put ALL of it below the level of the engine, it would be much sexier.

I might need to pick up a pin tool though. No butts, no solder, connected only as factory, thanks.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

they're expensive. I crimped mine without the tool, hard, but not impossible. I have a tool that will do the .5mm wires but not the larger ones - fortunately there are only a few larger gauge wires. no soldering, of course..
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              I keep telling Chris we need to do that harness in hockey tape and put ALL of it below the level of the engine, it would be much sexier.

I might need to pick up a pin tool though. No butts, no solder, connected only as factory, thanks.

Comment

I don't want to get further wrapped into this. It is between him and Chris.

I can only vouch for how my experience has been with him.
                Originally posted by z31maniac
                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

I don't want to get further wrapped into this. It is between him and Chris.

I can only vouch for how my experience has been with him.

I appreciate your sticking up for your buddy. But, because you know him doesn't mean you have all the facts. I'll see if James can pull our original PM's from the beginning of this whole ordeal and go from there. I've told facts thus far. Facts. Not my "misunderstanding of what I was getting" as you infer but, facts. What I was told about the motor. Key points about the interactions we had. You seem to be having a problem with the facts and peoples issues with it.

Again, Greg should really come tell his side of this and stop having other people "stand up for him" if you will. As other's have said, this isn't a matter of me trying to get anything other than what is mine BY GREG'S ADMISSION. The chip, the price difference of a S3.46 to S2.93. I don't want the DINAN chip that Greg ADMITTED "ran lean" and threw codes left and right when I ran it. Again, I paid for a DINAN chipped S50. What I got was a stock chipped S50. I paid for a swap package with a S3.46. What I got was an S2.93. What about that is "right"?
                  Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I think that part of the problem is having an understanding of expectations, knowing all of the parties involved etc.

When the seller delivers what they expected and the buyer didn't make clear different expectations then a problem ensues. The buyer paid the price seemingly in agreement with the seller.

His prices are not the same as someone like StrictlyBMW or other large BMW shops in the area for anything I've ever priced or considered.

(I've never had greg do a swap for me, both of my 24v motors went in my car with my hands in my garage - neither motor was sourced by greg)

Hold the phone, Clayton.

You know, I thought about not responding to this as you're trying to stay out of this but, I just can't on this one.

I get your friends with Greg, regardless of what he says about you. I get that. But, you're essentially calling me a liar when you say Greg didn't lie and I just "misunderstood" or "didn't make myself clear" on my expectations. No, I made myself pretty fuckin' clear. I have 3 witnesses to that. I'd gladly pull them into court if I didn't think Greg would just bag the fuck out like he has thus far.

Man. And how do you reconcile the quality for the price? I thought I was getting a fucking fantastic install. I got a shotty, half assed job with barely what I paid for in raw parts. Are you kidding me? Get off his sack and think about it logically like I know you can.
                    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Not to be rude or anything

But take this shit to Judge Judy. Rep E30 community!

Comment

Maybe he hit the tire?

Comment

Judge Judy would understand

Comment

Chris, just think about the good things and im sure more will come your way. sorry to hear about this big fiasco but it definitely looks like many corners were cut with the swap.. my brother bought his s52 e30 for about what he charged you AND the motor was prime with very clean wiring. I do all my own work for this exact reason, i understand your space wasnt efficient for a swap which brought greg into the equation. But i had this same problem, took my car to a local shop about 5 years ago and he gave me a 1500 quote. We figured out the HG was blown so he said another 1000 onto of the original 1500 would cover it all. 2500 soon turned into a $4700 bill! And somehow my perfectly good used parts disappeared when the new ones were installed. Including 3.73 lsd, entire brake setup, tranny, and some other odds and ends when we were diagnosing the spark issue(plug wires, cap, rotor, coil, o2 sensor) which was all in good working order. Complete bullshit that people like that are in business still, but life goes on and i decided to go to school to become a mechanic. Do things myself, the right way. Speaking of schooling, does anyone know if greg is ASE certified or have any school experience? If not, anything over 25 per hour is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by e30josh View Post
                              Chris, just think about the good things and im sure more will come your way. sorry to hear about this big fiasco but it definitely looks like many corners were cut with the swap.. my brother bought his s52 e30 for about what he charged you AND the motor was prime with very clean wiring. I do all my own work for this exact reason, i understand your space wasnt efficient for a swap which brought greg into the equation. But i had this same problem, took my car to a local shop about 5 years ago and he gave me a 1500 quote. We figured out the HG was blown so he said another 1000 onto of the original 1500 would cover it all. 2500 soon turned into a $4700 bill! And somehow my perfectly good used parts disappeared when the new ones were installed. Including 3.73 lsd, entire brake setup, tranny, and some other odds and ends when we were diagnosing the spark issue(plug wires, cap, rotor, coil, o2 sensor) which was all in good working order. Complete bullshit that people like that are in business still, but life goes on and i decided to go to school to become a mechanic. Do things myself, the right way. Speaking of schooling, does anyone know if greg is ASE certified or have any school experience? If not, anything over 25 per hour is ridiculous.

Greg is in the UW Mechanical Engineering program.

No, he's not ASE certified.
                              Need a part? PM me.

Comment

damn...so this is why my car isn't working...

yeah...my car is still idling like crazy....
                                all i want is for my car to work...that's all i want!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X