SCAM ALERT: Maxpeedingrods.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCAM ALERT: Maxpeedingrods.com

I am embarrassed to even be writing this, but while unsure if my ICV was the problem (i clean mine seasonally), and probably drinking, I ordered a cheap ICV from Maxpeedingrods for something like $30.

Do not do this. Upon undoubtedly correct installation, my car idled at 2000RPM. I confirmed with a BMW-only mechanic (who races e30s) and the item is indeed a cheap piece of crap.

When I tried to return the item, some d-bag offered me a $10 refund only. Is this how ppl do business now? Make something that doesn't work for $0.25 in a sweatshop, sell for $30, hope it's a cheap enough price for it to not be worth returning, but in case someone calls you out, offer $10 and still make an insane profit?

I told the guy that i would write this, causing generational revenue damage if he didn't refund me in full for the completely bogus and socially reprehensible item -- and he offered me $15. Can you imagine? It takes a week for each response by the way.

I know i deserve it for not using a BMW part - don't know what i was thinking - but I promised i would write this so here it is.

Maxpeedingrods represents everything that is wrong with the world.
    Darien
    1974 2002 "Careen"
    1988 325i vert "Serene"
    1994 Ferrari 348 spider "Fiora"

I looked at their return policy and it says they'll take back shit for a full refund, so IDK what his or her prob is.

anyways

F
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

You bought something from Max pee ding rods? Should've been clued in by the nonsense name and their generic website.

Comment

You ordered a piece of shit, received a piece of shit and you are surprised ?
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
          You ordered a piece of shit, received a piece of shit and you are surprised ?
          x2

Just return it and get your money back.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by lj851 View Post
            you ordered a piece of shit, received a piece of shit and you are surprised ?
            lol

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I bought my e39 AC fan from them. Doesn't fit too well so the hood flexes on fan blades causing an insy bit of rubbing. It's pretty loud outside the car but I can't hear it because e39s have great sound insulation. So I don't care and the AC blows cold at a stop. Definitely cheap POS parts. But as someone already said, you already knew that.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

x2

Just return it and get your money back.
                omg why didn't I think of that?! :P Here i wasted all this time corresponding with them about Pokemon
                Darien
                1974 2002 "Careen"
                1988 325i vert "Serene"
                1994 Ferrari 348 spider "Fiora"

Comment

I bought a $30 one on eBay as a crapshoot.
                  It was crap, threw it in the trash., done and done.
                  I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by d.brocco View Post

omg why didn't I think of that?! :P Here i wasted all this time corresponding with them about Pokemon
                    Well, there's your problem. /sarcasm

Comment

Just thought I'd update this thread. My e39 aux fan died after 3 months of use. It has a 2 year warranty, supposedly. We'll see how it goes.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                      X