*WARNING* Knockoff injectors disguised as genuine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*WARNING* Knockoff injectors disguised as genuine

I've been selling my rebuilt injectors both on here and on Ebay for several years, and up until recently, the Chinese knockoff listings on Ebay were blatant and easy to pick out even without clicking on the listing. They'd be listed as "Brand new" parts and as "OEM generic replacements" (generally branded as Deleen, which was named a counterfeit company by ASNU). For the past year or so, I've been just going to my active listings and updating my stock as I got new stuff in, not really listing anything else other than M50 manifolds and other one-off parts I get in occasionally. However, I just finished a batch of all new-to-me part number injectors and went to look up the average prices of them. To my horror, I found several sellers with "remanufactured Bosch injectors", shipping from "Washington", for less than half of the price of other sellers. Going into the seller info page, the accounts are all shown to be Chinese, and the negative feedback shows that people are getting these "Bosch" injectors sent to them in Deleen boxes. Simply search 0280150715 into Ebay and check out the first few results.

This isn't a promotion for my injectors, neither is it a smear campaign against Chinese parts (If that's your thing for whatever reason). I'm just bringing to light the fact that they're falsely advertising their fake injectors as real German parts and, despite the fact that all the accounts doing so have a ton of negative feedback and have probably been reported to high hell for fraud, it looks like Ebay is allowing them to do this for one reason or another. If you're going to buy rebuilt injectors on Ebay, just dig a little into the profile beforehand.
    Injectors - services, upgrades, rebuild kits and stock sets available! 14.5lb, 17lb, 19lb, 21lb, 28lb, 33lb, M20B27 injectors available https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413372

...and welcome to eBay... where every day is caveat emptor day...

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Ya I actually noticed this also on eBay. You can make it easy on yourself though, you can select "Refurbished" instead of "New" when you search injectors on eBay (eBay allows you to select multiple different options for search results such as New, Used, New with out tags, Refurbished, for parts/ not working, ect.). This way you know you'll get a Refurbished, Genuine part.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
      1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
      1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
      1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
      1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
      1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
      Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
      1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
      1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Buy from a known reputable source or send your old injectors to a known good refurbisher. Bosch actually recommends buying new ones instead of refurbishing them. New 4 hole injectors are available for E30s and they're pretty cheap. Again, buy them from a known reputable supplier.
        Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
          Ya I actually noticed this also on eBay. You can make it easy on yourself though, you can select "Refurbished" instead of "New" when you search injectors on eBay (eBay allows you to select multiple different options for search results such as New, Used, New with out tags, Refurbished, for parts/ not working, ect.). This way you know you'll get a Refurbished, Genuine part.
          That's the thing, though. They ARE listed as refurbished, genuine parts. A while back, you could just filter out the Chinese ones that way, but now, they're pretty much copying the key words from real rebuilt listings (remanufactured, flow tested, ASNU machine, genuine, etc.)Click image for larger version

Name:	Deleen.png
Views:	217
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	9895711
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Deleen 2.png
Views:	186
Size:	444.5 KB
ID:	9895712

I know a solid chunk of Ebay sellers are snakes and I always scour the listing details and look at a seller's feedback before buying anything for my car, but that's just me. Since they're making tons of sales and pissing a lot of people off with straight up blatant lies, I just wanted to warn everyone in case this happens to any of you guys. We don't need anyone blowing up any M20s with "genuine" Chinese injectors.
          Injectors - services, upgrades, rebuild kits and stock sets available! 14.5lb, 17lb, 19lb, 21lb, 28lb, 33lb, M20B27 injectors available https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413372

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
            Buy from a known reputable source or send your old injectors to a known good refurbisher. Bosch actually recommends buying new ones instead of refurbishing them. New 4 hole injectors are available for E30s and they're pretty cheap. Again, buy them from a known reputable supplier.
            I'd recommend buying new if I was losing millions in potential sales from rebuilt injector sales too, lol. The only non-serviceable part that wears out enough to be a potential issue is the solenoid. I *vaguely* remember something about Bosch bragging that their solenoids can last easily past a million miles, but I can't remember off the top of my head if that's something I actually read somewhere of if it's something a friend or acquaintance told me. Bosch injectors are super robust and don't get many of the issues that the Siemens injectors in M54s get (leaking down, leaking through the body, the nozzle literally breaking off the body, etc.). Anyways, the only thing stopping 99% of injectors from operating fully is debris and gunk, which rebuilders take care of. Most offer at least a year warranty (I personally offer a lifetime), so solenoid failure is generally covered as well.

Comment

Watch out for spark plugs too, my buddy learned the hard way. He had all kinds of misfires immediately after installing them.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X