Early model transfer pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early model transfer pump

What’s a go-to replacement (as in Amazon etc) for the early model in-tank fuel pump? I replaced my entire fuel system (tank and lines included) minus the in tank pump, about 6 years ago. It has finally crapped the bed. I have no interest in changing anything up in terms of re-designing the fuel system. The current setup has served my s52 perfectly with no complaints.

Any recommendations for just the transfer pump? I’m comfortable with a retro-fit or swapping out the pump (as the entire setup is crazy expensive). If someone has one for cheap I’d buy that too. Thanks gents.
    "Broke into the wrong God damn rec room, didn't ya you bastard!"

I swear I’ve learned and then forgotten everything I’ve needed to know e30-wise, thanks to r3v. I ordered a Delphi fe0070 pump off Amazon. It fits a bunch of vehicles (Vega, Ford super duty, Volvo). Thanks 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Rugbyfan View Post
      I swear I’ve learned and then forgotten everything I’ve needed to know e30-wise, thanks to r3v. I ordered a Delphi fe0070 pump off Amazon. It fits a bunch of vehicles (Vega, Ford super duty, Volvo). Thanks 👍
      I feel this way too. I've used my own build thread as reference more then a few times to supplement my memory.

Glad you got it figured out.

Comment

Heh. Yeah. I vaguely recall something about using a 318 in- tank to replace the whole mess.
        But I forget where i heard that...

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I don’t post much, as shown by my 280 total posts in over 10 years. I’ve found that almost all of my questions have been answered by searching and usually other people beat me to the punch to help others.

I wish e30’s were still plentiful and affordable….

As for the fuel pump with the 318is, I like that there are a million solutions to any e30 problem. Given that all of my fueling system is new-ish, I used the project car standard: cheap as possible!

Comment

I learned something new. The 318is has the send and feed fuel lines in the fuel pump carrier that the older fuel tanks need AND uses a standard sized high pressure pump. BMW part #16141180233

I converted my older lift pump style fuel pump carrier to use a high pressure pump. I never quite liked it and felt that using the 30+ year old 13mm to 8mm rubber coupler was a future failure point. It was. I fought that for a while before I got it right.

Comment

Working...
            X