Getrag 260 transmission question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nine9six
    Noobie
    • Mar 2011
    • 21

    #1

    Getrag 260 transmission question

    I have a getrag from what I thought was a e36 325i. With that I've read that I can use the stock transmission cross member but it doesn't seem to sit right. Is this because my engine isn't sitting correctly or do I need the cross member for the e30 10 degree offset transmission?
    Attached Files

    95 M3 - Powerdyne supercharger, WAR Chip, Ground Control Track/School coilovers, Eibach Sways, Dinan Exhaust, UUC SSK
  • nine9six
    Noobie
    • Mar 2011
    • 21

    #2
    Also this is my transmission part number
    Attached Files

    95 M3 - Powerdyne supercharger, WAR Chip, Ground Control Track/School coilovers, Eibach Sways, Dinan Exhaust, UUC SSK

    Comment

    • digger
      R3V OG
      • Nov 2005
      • 6186

      #3
      try flipping it
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

      new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

      Comment

      • nine9six
        Noobie
        • Mar 2011
        • 21

        #4
        Had no idea that left and right side were different until you pointed that out. Thanks!

        95 M3 - Powerdyne supercharger, WAR Chip, Ground Control Track/School coilovers, Eibach Sways, Dinan Exhaust, UUC SSK

        Comment

        • Panici
          Moderator
          • Dec 2009
          • 2547

          #5
          Originally posted by digger
          try flipping it
          Indeed!


          Photo from my 1987 M20B25 with 1986 Getrag G260 (pulled off the back of an M20B27)

          Comment

          Working...