DIY A/C Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY A/C Lines

I have written a DIY for E30 DOHC A/C lines. I have it in a MS word document with pictures. Given that I am a noob to the board, can I email it to someone to post up with the pics.

Thanks to Uber E30 for posting this up for me....
    Last edited by ChuckNE; 05-25-2009, 07:29 PM. Reason: Adding Info

After many requests, here is a DIY for making custom A/C lines for your E30 DOHC swap. I started with the E30 lines from the body and the compressor fittings/hoses from an E36. The task at hand is mating these hoses to connect the compressor to the E30 system.

To start, you need to order 2 spicers as such:

Here are the part #'s and link to the webpages.

#10 to #12 Splicer is Part # 1758. Price $4.48
    which is found on this page near the bottom:

#8 to #8 Splicer is Part # 225500 / 1748. Price is $3.06
    which is found on this page near the bottom:

The E36 Line from the compressor to evaporator is larger diameter than the e30 line so you use the #10 to #12 splicer to join these two lines.

Next you need to install the lines in your car and determine the appropriate position to install the splicer. Basically, just cut the hoses so the splicer can be installed in a straight run of hose.

Make sure you mark the orientation of the hose and splicer. This will be important when you bring the hose to the shop to crimp the splicer onto the hose.

To give the hose a factory look, I order some heat sleeves from summit racing. 1.25” for the longer/larger hose and 1” for the short hose.

I then slid the tubing onto the hoses before taking to the shop for crimping. This allows you to just slide it in place once everything is crimped.

Take the hoses as show above to the local hydraulic shop and have them use their bubble crimper to crimp the lines together….I didn’t take any pictures of this process. The shop charged me $10 to crimp do all 4 crimps.

Here are the lines ready to be installed in the car.
    Last edited by Uber E30; 05-25-2009, 05:44 PM.
    -Alex

Comment

i will be doing this for sure. thanks!

Comment

Wow that was really well done.

Comment

Thanks for the DIY! This helps out tremendously

Comment

I might try this when I get home. Good job!

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

good stuff, thank you!
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

thats awesome man thanks!

Comment

Thanks Chuck! Hopefully I'll have some cold AC this summer!

Originally posted by whysimon
                  WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

^ - Seriously. Just ordered the splicers. Hopefully will be getting them soon.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
                      ^ - Seriously. Just ordered the splicers. Hopefully will be getting them soon.
                      do you already have the lines?

to anyone else that is going to tackle this project, would you mind taking closer pics of the bmw a/c fittings?
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

does any one have the a/c wiring info for the conversion? what pins on the dme side to you need to splice into, if any? also a/c clutch signal on? and also the fan control?
                        looking for a e30m50 swap harness adapter pm me $150 shipped
                        email nitroman12@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                          do you already have the lines?

to anyone else that is going to tackle this project, would you mind taking closer pics of the bmw a/c fittings?
                          Yes. I had the lines since the beginning of my project. Luckily the motor I purchased came with them.

Bmw a/c fittings? In comparison of the e36 fittings?

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

bless your heart kind sir.
                            you just possibly made all of our california summers a little bit less sweaty.

you are the man!
                            world renown Harry Potter expert
                            sigpic

Comment

I live in Phoenix, AZ. 115 degree beautiful sun shining fucking miserable days. Thanks for this Chuck.

Comment

Working...
                              X