Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in supercharger brackets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested in supercharger brackets?

CLOSED, WILL NOT BE TAKING ANY MORE PAYMENTS!!!

I spoke with a guy at the local machine shop and he is willing to water jet some aluminum supercharger brackets for the 24V motors.
    They would fit the Vortech and paxton style superchargers. This is more or less something for the DIY type of people who want to piece something together.
    Pricing would be at about 150 shipped per bracket. This is just a quote as of now. Price could be a little less by the time everything is said and done.
    Just tossing this out there as a feeler right now, if we did move on with this we would need 5 people to start and go from there.

The bracket will be this same exact design. With a few slight changes.

There will be one tensioner pully and its the same as the one above the ALT.
    Will look like this when installed.

I dont really see any reason to change something thats already proven to work for how many years? Im just trying to get some cut to help other people out and get them at 1/2 the cost through another company.
    The belt will run right off the same belt as the water pump, power steering, alt, crank. So its already back as far as you can get it. I dont really see it mounting any closer to the motor then it is already in the photo above.
    I will put the bracket and supercharger on my car tomorrow and take photos so you guys can get an idea of how everything will fit.

BTW spacers will be needed to go between the bracket and supercharger like shown in the photos, you can see them in my box also. I will also provide them with the bracket but its going to cost a few dollars more. I can have prices on this tomorrow when I check the cost of stock.

What do you all think?

List of people are in 100%

1. 416stroker (1)
    2. Mstngcobr761 (1)
    3. zav3n (1)
    4. zav3n (1)
    5. zav3n (1)
    6. flyboyx (1)
    7. nwvb bmw (1)
    8. MR 325 (1) ( Will be paying for shant. )
    9. shant (1)
    10. gregslow318i (1)
    11. bavtech (1)
    12. bavtech (1)

Like I said I need 5 people to make this happen. If you want in on this please let me know ASAP. I need a full payment from all 5 people before I can make this happen.
    Last edited by White325is; 10-19-2009, 12:08 AM.

I could go for a Novi 3000:)
    84 318I Delphin RIP
    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

If a Novi has the same bolt pattern as a Vortech or a Paxton then I wouldnt see why it wont fit.

Comment

Its a paxton
        84 318I Delphin RIP
        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Then yes, it should fit with no problem.

Comment

im in most likely...i really dont know what kind of charger im going to be running its too far down the road, I just started building my engine

Comment

Go with a Paxton:).
              84 318I Delphin RIP
              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                Go with a Paxton:).
                I dont really care what is it...as long as it fits w/ an s50 in an e30 m3....and makes 300+ wheel

Comment

I have a Vortech V2 for my setup. Im actually almost done collecting parts and about to start putting things together. I just figure I would try and offer a bracket at half the cost of other companys.
                  I went with the Vortech because there is alot more info out there then I have seen for paxton. I guess it all depends on your taste.
                  If both of you want brackets I would only need 3 more people to jump in on this and I can have 5 cut for the 24V motors. Im looking to make some for the M20;s here before long.

Comment

Nice idea, time to do some other stuff as well.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Yeah ill take one...ill start setting some money aside

Comment

I knew he was a blower.

Comment

what idler pully is it setup for? belt alignment perfect? no throwning belts? i'd be down for one.

Comment

I sent you a PM Dom.

Comment

is this a copy of the e36 bracket or a custom specifically designed for the e30 platform? i think the e36 bracket could be improved upon a little to make a better fit for our cars. for example, if the super charger mounting holes were moved up a little and also a bit closer to the engine, the conflict with the abs module might be avoided. also, i wonder if it would be possible to design the bracket so the charger is in line with the a/c pulley so that there is more space between it and the radiator? what about running the charger off the water pump with a custom pulley instead of the crank?

sorry....this is the shit i think about that keeps me up at night.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                              X