What did I miss!!?? OBDI S52.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dominic49
    replied
    oil presure gauge sir get one

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrian_Visser
    Well you need to either tap the head or rethread the sender, delete your TB heater and put the sender in the outlet port in the head for the TB or get an aftermarket gauge. Otherwise no temp reading for you.
    I can do the latter, the TB heater is already disconnected.

    i am more concerned with the ticking noise. Is it just cause the oil needs to be ran through the system? I dont want to run it too long with this going on, cause I dont want to damage it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Adrian_Visser
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is
    Didnt want to tap the head.

    The oil is nice and full, fresh filter and everything.

    I doubt oil was put into the cylinders, the engine was only out of a car for 3 weeks.
    Well you need to either tap the head or rethread the sender, delete your TB heater and put the sender in the outlet port in the head for the TB or get an aftermarket gauge. Otherwise no temp reading for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    How long should it take the oil to get through the system and pressurize?? The car was running for about two minutes total. Started three different times. The oil dipstick tube is slightly loose in the pan, and will move around kinda easily. Is this a big deal?? Something tells me that it is.

    It sounds like my buddies S50 when he would be low on oil, but this isnt low at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    Didnt want to tap the head.

    The oil is nice and full, fresh filter and everything.

    I doubt oil was put into the cylinders, the engine was only out of a car for 3 weeks.

    Leave a comment:


  • gregslow318i
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is
    How am I supposed to see if the engine is running too hot? What do other people do to get the gauge to work??
    tap the head and put the right sensor in it....
    did you put oil in it? did some put oil in to the cylinder for storage?

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrian_Visser
    Swap the fuel lines. The coolant temp sender for the gauge isn't going to read right but the DME sensor will work.
    How am I supposed to see if the engine is running too hot? What do other people do to get the gauge to work??

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    I swapped the fuel lines at 11 at night...............

    AND SHE FIRED UP!!!!!! Oh its awesome, idles right at 600, and revs so so sweet!!

    Two complaints though.

    1) engine is making a crazy ticking noise, rpm dependent, and it sounds a lot louder by the drivers door than it does on the drivers side of the engine right by the fender.

    2) white smoke is coming out of the exhaust. enough to notice at idle, and a lot with some gas.

    I didnt run it long enough to let it warm up to see if the noise or smoke diminishes, but does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing these two things??

    Leave a comment:


  • Adrian_Visser
    replied
    Swap the fuel lines. The coolant temp sender for the gauge isn't going to read right but the DME sensor will work.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    Alright, I purchased a red label 413 dme. Still wont fire up, but the fuel lines are backwards.

    I gotta swap the fuel lines around tomorrow.

    Its ok to use the S52 spark plug packs right?? even though they are 1.8k??

    Also, would the coolant temp sensor keep the car from starting? (I didnt tap the head, I simply spliced the wires and connected them together, following the guide in the OBDII to OBDI conversion write up)

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s50dan
    replied
    I would find a RED label ecu !!

    Leave a comment:


  • Dominic49
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is
    crank sensor is connected and properly seated in the little housing on the front of the engine. Does it need to be held in by the screw in order for it to properly work??

    Its held on by a zip tie, cause I dont have the proper allen screw to hold it in.

    The fuel should be going into the rear part of the fuel rail, by the FPR right?? Cause thats how its set up right now.
    fuel exits at the pressure regulator

    Leave a comment:


  • 7pilot
    replied
    "The fuel should be going into the rear part of the fuel rail, by the FPR right?? Cause thats how its set up right now."

    no.

    m

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    Well that makes a lot of sense.

    I will look into finding a red label 413, or I will purchase the appropriate chip

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    I don't think the Bonneville Motor Works PN 4131-3001 chip deletes EWS. I believe it is just for Euro HFM.

    The equivalent part number for an EWS delete chip would be 4131-3401.

    http://www.turnermotorsport.com/page...ation_2008.pdf

    Leave a comment:

Working...