crank sensor is connected and properly seated in the little housing on the front of the engine. Does it need to be held in by the screw in order for it to properly work??
Its held on by a zip tie, cause I dont have the proper allen screw to hold it in.
The fuel should be going into the rear part of the fuel rail, by the FPR right?? Cause thats how its set up right now.
What did I miss!!?? OBDI S52.
Collapse
X
-
Adding a little E30 S52 pron to help with the thinking process!!



Leave a comment:
-
What did I miss!!?? OBDI S52.
Alright, I am tired of this. My 1991 318is with an OBDI S52 will not start.
It cranks over and over and over, but it wont fire.
I have no spark (confirmed by pulling the plug, grounding it and cranking the car.)
I had no fuel. But for some reason after putting the covers on, and cleaning up the engine bay, I could hear the fuel pump priming when I turned the key on. Though it still wouldnt start up.
The engine is from a 98 M3. the wiring harness and DME is from a 95 M3.
I am 1000% positive that the plugs are all connected correctly, as I personally pulled the harness from the M3, and I labeled every wire as I removed it.
The DME is a silver label 413, but i bought an EWS chip from another member, though I am not sure if its what I need. the chip says
Belleville motor we
P/N 4131 3001.
The wiring was done by a guy who has done plenty of swaps before, and I personally checked the wiring, and everything checks out.
I am running out of options here. Should I try to locate a red label 413 to see if thats what i need??
It seems like the EWS is still being enabled by the symptoms. it cranks over fine, but I have no spark, and no fuel.
What do I do!!? I want to tear up the streets in my car asap!Tags: None

Leave a comment: