No announcement yet.

What did I miss!!?? OBDI S52.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you got it running I am envious. Are you going to get it certified to smog? If so post up how it goes, I am thinking of a S52 swap for mine.
    CCW- when every second counts... The police are just minutes away!

Comment

After driving the car for a couple hundred miles, it no longer smells like its running rich, and after calculating the fuel mileage when I filled it up today, i got 22 mpg city/highway.

After changing the oil to 20w50 I no longer have oil burning problems.

The swap is 100% problem free. Purchasing a few gauges to add to the car so I can more accurately keep track of how its running.

On another positive/kickass note, last night I took my buddy up to Riverside to look at a supercharged 1998 M3. He ended up buying it. And boy is it fast!! Just a little quicker than my monster, which makes me even happier.

There is something extremely calming about sitting behind 250 Bavarian M horsepower. I love this car.

SoEmo, car is registered in AZ, and I had no problems with the M50 that was in it before.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I have done a bunch of motor swaps in different cars but all my friends have their cars registered out of state, so I have not had to deal with the BAR.
        CCW- when every second counts... The police are just minutes away!

Comment

Another question:

At WOT and above about 5k I get a bad stumbling and a dramatic loss in power.

I have deduced that it is because the fuel pump from my 91 318is cant keep up with the fuel demands that my 1998 S52 needs.

If I am not at WOT i can accelerate into the higher rpms without a problem. Also, in neutral, the car will easily rev to redline. Only under WOT and high rpms do I have this issue.

So, my question is, what are my options? Should I get a Walbro high flow pump? which model? Or will a pump from an S52 M3 work and fit right into my E30?

TIA
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
          X