s50b32 parts into m50tu...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by LivingLegend06
    Any chance of rebuilding the motor? It seems a shame to part it.
    I doubt it, but I'm going to break it down today to get a better idea.

    Leave a comment:


  • LivingLegend06
    replied
    Any chance of rebuilding the motor? It seems a shame to part it.

    Leave a comment:


  • gobuffs
    replied
    list of what fits without lots of work
    Oil filter housing
    oil pan gasket/pump/pan
    alternator
    PS pump
    headers
    coils
    /list of what fits without lots of work

    it is a different motor unlike any other BMW motor made. The only similarities to US motors are they have 6 cylinders and displace 3-3.2L.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by ///Maddog9000
    rThor432... you bought my engine! Mooresville, NC right?
    Sorry to do that to you! I don't mean to step on anyone's toes.. I've known the PO for a long time, but hadn't seen or heard from him in a while. If it's any consolation, he still has the 6-speed conversion kit. That's probably the best part he had up for sale! I checked that out today and it's a slick piece. Only 70k on it...

    I'm going to tear the engine down tomorrow though. I'll probably have the throttles/plenum up for sale in the FS section shortly. I will definitely let you know when they are availible. I might also keep those to install on one of my other cars or for a future project.

    If anyone is interested in what is interchangeable between any and all realistically possible US 6-cylinder engines, I will be finding that out in the next couple of months. I'll have the whole thing in bits and I've got a bunch of M50 and M52/54 alloy engines and pieces around.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by Iain
    what are you doing with the itbs? :D
    I'm not sure yet. I'm going to take some measurements of the head and oil/coolant passage locations to see what applications [blocks] other than the S50B32 I can use them with. I think it is S50B32 specific as the deck height of most other blocks is very different, as far as I know. Worth a check through all of my grenaded alloy blocks though..

    To be completely honest, I'll probably end up selling the ITB's and cylinder head. I picked the engine up primarily for a couple of sensors and some cross-referencing I want to do between the S50B32 and S54B32.

    I have thought of going crazy and cutting two cylinders off the standard block and making a 4-cylinder using the cut S50B32 head. We've got a wild guy an hour and a half north of here that builds wild 6.0L M70/72's-- he's got a guy who builds custom billet cranks and custom cams that are cut specific to his needs. I could do the same and have an S50B32 based 4-pot running with stand-alone management.

    That's all talk at this point though. We thought it sounded like a good time when we were tossing around ideas at the shop. Do you need throttles?

    Leave a comment:


  • Fusion
    replied
    ITB on M50 stuff I researched recently

    Leave a comment:


  • digger
    replied
    waste if time with the ITB setup they were designed for a 3.2L and a good one at that, not a basic 2.5L 24V and will be too large for your engine to be anything other that a coolness factor

    Leave a comment:


  • Iain
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432
    I am picking up an S50B32 with a toasted bottom end in the next couple days. I don't have much use for the head and throttles, but I will be test fitting them on an M54 3.0 aluminum block for entertainment.
    what are you doing with the itbs? :D

    Leave a comment:


  • ///Maddog9000
    replied
    rThor432... you bought my engine! Mooresville, NC right? haha I had some high hopes for some new swappin' Oh well, I might be interested in the ITB intake if you are getting rid of it.


    jingle trucks everywhere! If you haven't seen an Afghani pimp his ride, you are missin' out!

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    Originally posted by ///Maddog9000
    Here's the deal... this info is probably somewhere in the forum but, I am in Afghanistan and really don't have time to search too much. I need the bare facts from someone who has done this or knows the math behind it. I am about to pick up a semi-blown Euro s50b32 long block. I want to put the ITB intake, cams and injectors on a US m50tu. Can it be done easily? Can it be done difficultly? Has anyone tried it?
    You found an s50b32 in Afghansistan? All I saw there were Toyota Hilux and jingle trucks.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by ///Maddog9000
    Do s50b32 cams fit in a US s52b32? If so they should work with proper trays.
    No, absolutely not. For one-- S50B32's are dual VANOS, therefore running a completely different setup than the US single VANOS engine.

    I am picking up an S50B32 with a toasted bottom end in the next couple days. I don't have much use for the head and throttles, but I will be test fitting them on an M54 3.0 aluminum block for entertainment.

    Leave a comment:


  • ///Maddog9000
    replied
    I'm pretty much amazing so... I will make it fit! The intake can be modified in all kinds of ways. My main concern is with the cams. Do s50b32 cams fit in a US s52b32? If so they should work with proper trays.

    Leave a comment:


  • Adrian_Visser
    replied
    Some dude on bimmerforums fitted the itb's onto an m52 you gotta have a metal oil filter housing and it has to be shortened to run an m42 oil filter. You need adapter plates fabricated and the tps has to be relocated because it hits the vanos solenoid. Do the cams even fit in the US head?

    Leave a comment:


  • -limp-
    replied
    mmmmmm the tu has vanos so no on the cams. injectors yes. Itb's not sure but i would assume that the intake would bolt up as its the same series of motor. Im sure the info on that is somewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • gregslow318i
    replied
    no and no completely different motor kinda like putting a Chevy crank into a honda block

    Leave a comment:

Working...