S50b32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S50b32

I am looking at a s50b32. I did some googling and could not find the answer to what the normal compression numbers are. This engine has 105k on it and
    Cyl1 172psi
    Cyl2 171psi
    Cyl3 175psi
    Cyl4 171psi
    Cyl5 172psi
    Cyl6 172psi

no vanos noise. Anything other issues to check? All service documented at dealer.

what is important there is the variation from cyl to cyl, which is excellent and maybe even too good to be true.. im sure those numbers are from a cold (engine temp) compression test. You want numbers near 200psig. My s52 had 189-193psig warm, no oil added to cyls.
    No more e30s for me.
    88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
    88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
    91 BMW 325i [sold]
    86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Just curious as to what the S50b32s go for in the states. I have heard around 6-7k. Is that right
      Originally posted by Nicademus
      My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb View Post
        Just curious as to what the S50b32s go for in the states. I have heard around 6-7k. Is that right
        i can get you a complete s50b32 engine kit with a 6 speed trans for 6k plus shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyqm3 View Post
          i can get you a complete s50b32 engine kit with a 6 speed trans for 6k plus shipping.
          That's a nice deal.. Would probably have contacted you rather than picking up an S54 if I had known I could have the engine and trans for that cost.

Comment

the kits that I get comes with the following.

1.complete engine with all the components
            2.wire harnes
            3. dme
            4. ews kit
            5. 6 spd trans
            6. anything extra is urs as well.

Comment

Wow that does seem like a pretty good deal. What is the typical shipping price?

Comment

to texas is like 400-500 i believe.

Comment

if swapping into a e30 you would have to use the geo metro brake booster. you can use akg, treehouse or mike38i harness kits. transmission need the e30 325 trans bracket but u also need to fab another bracket to make more solid.. i will have pic of the under carriage of my car soon. you can also use the evo short shift from uuc since the linkage is made for the e46 m3... driveshaft needs to be shortened to certain spec, need aluminum rad with e30 325 rad bracket, spal fan, temp sensor and relay to make fan wk..its pretty much same as the U.S swap with a lil more wk.

Comment

holy crap that's a steal of a price. What is the average mileage on the motors though? Verified to be good before shipment? I'm just curious.

As for the compression numbers, the altitude you do it at will significantly change the reading. Good compression S50s are about 150psi here, where at sea level the good range is near 200. HOWEVER: daily weather fluctuations and conditions will change the reading as well.

What is important to take away from a compression test, as mentioned earlier, is the variance between cylinders. The actual numbers, due to the degree to which they change daily, is not so important. A 120psi motor though at altitude is clearly gone though, so there is always an acceptable range.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

i usually get engine with 80k-100k miles on them. i will know in a few days from my source what he has avaliable..

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyqm3 View Post
                        i usually get engine with 80k-100k miles on them. i will know in a few days from my source what he has avaliable..
                        I'm extremely interested. Sent PM.
                        1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                        Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Same here. In line for one also. May have a good S52 with 68k for sale in the near future.

Comment

I just received emails from my sources, the prices have went up a lil bit since these are becoming rare. To what he told me, but if we buy like 3 at a time then I can sell the kist for like $600-$6300 but note all super low mileage are gonna be higher. One of my sources has a 60k mileage for 7k.

Comment

PM sent. I am in for 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X