Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samiam3356 View Post
    Fuel filter, pump?

Could have worked before and somehow take a shit at the same time, I guess. Seems like everyone is throwing darts I just wanted to throw some to.

There is fuel coming out of the return line. That means it's getting pressure, and enough of it too.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Checked your harness wasnt kinked ,checked continuity from connectors to dme main connector pins,could be defective harness ( anything can happen).not wired right(nothing against zionsville) .

Comment

Originally posted by VEGETA7 View Post
        Checked your harness wasnt kinked ,checked continuity from connectors to dme main connector pins,could be defective harness ( anything can happen).not wired right(nothing against zionsville) .

That's what I was thinking, and will probably be the long and tedious process right after the compression test.

Thanks!

Comment

Man so much for the easy swap over...one for one huh? Same thing happened with me on my E36 328is swapped out a M52 for an S52 and turned out the engine on that had a blown headgasket as well. Sucked ____.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
            Are your CPS and and Cam sensor mixed up?

It's easy to mix those two up, they are the exact same plug.
            Correct

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            They aren't the same. One is female, one is male. If you mix them up, you'll be connecting the cam and crank sensor to each other and the engine harness to itself.
            Incorrect afaik. I diagnose you connecting the harness up wrong. Having just done the same as you, they are the same plug.

If you are 227% sure they are different plugs (a possibility over the years etc), what crank position wheel are you using? the S52 one or an M/S50 one? you need to use the latter with OBD1 wiring, as the guide pin is in a different place and may even have different amounts of teeth.

Comment

No, they are not. One is female and the other male. Knock sensors are both the same.

Edit: You said in the first post you tried a different FPR. Are you running the OEM FPR on the rail or aftermarket? I think it will have to do with the wiring on the harness. Will be interesting to see the final verdict.
              Last edited by samiam3356; 09-11-2010, 09:59 AM.

Originally posted by Roysneon
              $5 shipped?
              Originally posted by MarkD
              You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Originally posted by ethrty View Post
                Correct

Incorrect afaik. I diagnose you connecting the harness up wrong. Having just done the same as you, they are the same plug.

If you are 227% sure they are different plugs (a possibility over the years etc), what crank position wheel are you using? the S52 one or an M/S50 one? you need to use the latter with OBD1 wiring, as the guide pin is in a different place and may even have different amounts of teeth.

I saw it with my own eyes. The two plugs that route to the crank and cam position sensor plugs are different. One is male and one is female. I also verified this on the old harness.

He's using the same crank wheel that he used when he pulled the engine out of the other e30. None of that changed. I'm not familair with the OBD-I swap, but whoever converted it, did it properly, as the car ran great in the other e30.

Originally posted by samiam3356 View Post
                No, they are not. One is female and the other male. Knock sensors are both the same.

Edit: You said in the first post you tried a different FPR. Are you running the OEM FPR on the rail or aftermarket? I think it will have to do with the wiring on the harness. Will be interesting to see the final verdict.

Nope, stock FRP. The reason we swapped it is because it looked like the old one was damaged, it has a small dent in the casing. So I swapped another OBD-I 3.5 bar FPR and fuel rail on.

Comment

It has to be something telling it not to fire, IE the DME is recieveing a bad signal, cam or crank sensor, bad ground, not enough voltage or a pinched, crushed wire. If your only getting 10v in the fuse box, you probably have a voltage issue at the DME, they should all read atleast 12v.
                  Turbo E30
                  Roadkill 80lb 93 octane OBDI tune
                  BavSol Cylinder Head
                  Stock S50 in. cam Schrick ex. cam
                  Otis' tubular T4 manifold
                  Oringed 87mm S52, Eagle rods and 8.5:1 CP pistons.
                  GT4094r w/Batmowheel Impeller
                  614whp@17.5psi, 100 Oct
                  690whp@21psi, 100 Oct
                  801whp@27psi, 110 URT
                  Old: 1/4 mile: 10.91@144.38 (636whp)
                  New: ?
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_f7fUVqblI

Comment

Any luck on this?

Originally posted by Roysneon
                    $5 shipped?
                    Originally posted by MarkD
                    You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Did anyone figure this out I’m stumped at on a car at the moment and about to Pull a trigger and give up on life

Comment

Working...
                      X