Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your guess at the total number of running 24v swaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
    I think people would rather swap than rebuild an m20. Its ancient, low powered and has a timing belt (pfffft)
    But man do they sound sexy when done up right!
    - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
    Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

I'm in Atlanta with Matt and the friends that I have with e30's are both swapped with forced induction. I see a good bit in the Atlanta CL that have been swapped that I don't reconize on the boards.

Originally posted by Roysneon
      $5 shipped?
      Originally posted by MarkD
      You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Is your 300 guess an estimate of how many in FL?

I remember a guy back in 1998 had a m50 vert that wasn't
        on any forums. It's common enough for an engine swap.

How many b16 civics have there ever been? :P

Comment

Originally posted by MattM View Post
          lots, i know about 20 locally, none of which i believe are on this board
          Dayumn really? I only know of like 3 in BC who else is there? We should organize a BC swap e30 meet some time.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

I know of 5 just in my town alone. Thats not including any in any other city out side of Williamsport. My town is a very small town too...

Comment

3 that i know of in alberta one of them is my old car.
              Originally posted by e30e
              lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

If anyone knows of any for sale in the Southeast region please let me know. I had no idea the amount of swaps were this high--- makes me feel good about possibly finding one to buy as a track toy.

Comment

Ahh the good old days before treehouse made boosters and every week someone had a motor mount question. When Zionsville thought "Project Orca" was top secret. I sold my first swap car to DTRguy on here nad he e-mailed me a month ago that it's his DD car. Makes me feel good about that old non vanos engine I put together. I am doing another one this time s52, prices have came down so much to enable the dreamer swappers and better equip us to swap better engines. The local pull a part sells engines $249 all day any make, and they usually have at least one M50/52 around.
                  Originally posted by 325Projectz
                  don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                  :nice:

Comment

There would be more than 300 just in Australia. The US E30 scene monsters our euro scene. Then there is the Swedes and guys in the UK. 24V could nearly be considered stock.
                    - Chris
                    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Interesting numbers being tossed about, it sounds like you have as good a chance of spotting a 24v E30 as you would have spotting an E30 M3.

I'd love to hear from Alex a guess how many euro S50s are out running around in E30s.
                      -Dave
                      2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

24valve? whats that? i thought e30 owners were poor.
                        [PAKSIW]
                        20D .........
                        vmwerks :up:
                        ryan gmw :up:

Comment

Originally posted by DaveSmed View Post
                          Interesting numbers being tossed about, it sounds like you have as good a chance of spotting a 24v E30 as you would have spotting an E30 M3.

I'd love to hear from Alex a guess how many euro S50s are out running around in E30s.
                          Yeah I know of more local 24valve cars than I do E30 M3s, so I would guess there are more of us than E30 M3s.

Comment

There has to be over 150 in CA. I know of over 40 myself.
                            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                            X