Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

e36 M3 exhaust for $50. Use it on my swap or sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 M3 exhaust for $50. Use it on my swap or sell?

An e36 M3 full exhaust from flange to tip popped up for sale locally, guy want's $50. I'm sure I can buy it and sell it for a profit, or at least use the muffler or something.

Now my questions.

1. How much modification will the exhaust piping itself need? I have access to a welder and could cut/weld it in a couple spots if need be or add mounting points. If it needs too much modification I'd just get a custom setup made, but if it would be worth the effort to make this work to save the money that'd be cool too.

2. What are the limits on this exhaust? I really want to rebuild my m50 with m52b25 bottom end and S50 cams. Should I get something bigger/more free flowing to get the most from an engine built like that?

The only relevant thread I found with the search was this: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111377 SO yeah I did search first
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Are you talking cats and muffler? That's a good deal (if the muffler isn't rusted-out).

Yes, it will fit with some work.

Cats will fit nicely once you modify the front pipes to mate to your manifold. I've had mine connect to an OBD2 manifold and to headers. Worked both ways. I did need to remove the brace piece behind the transmission because the cats were impinging on them.

The muffler fits if you shorten the pipes around 4". The muffler is HEAVY. See my recent posts for some sound clips of what it was like. Quiet, great tone.

Comment

Awesome. So a little cutting a little welding and some bending and I've got myself an exhaust for 50 bucks. I was planning to just go custom duals with an 8 pipe no cats and two smallish mufflers but if this deal goes through I'll use that until I feel the need to upgrade and use the savings elsewhere on my project.
      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
      Originally posted by mbonanni
      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Yep, that's what I did. I was actually really happy with it and it let me focus on other things until I got around to fabbing an exhaust.

If you kept the cat section and just added a lighter rear muffler it would be a great combination of sound and weight.

Comment

Working...
        X