No announcement yet.

S50 shuts off.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't the road speed signal connect through the harness on late models e30s?

Comment

Not to a 24v.

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I'm saying the late model e30s all had the signal at c101 pin 14 (blk/wht), that includes my 91 318is.
        So the speed signal sensor should already be connected, no?

Comment

yeah, it's pin 14 on both connectors.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ok thanks. Then why is this happening? Low fuel pressure? Also my speedo don't work

Comment

speedo not working has nothing to do with the swap, but if the instrument cluster isn't getting a signal from the VSS sensor in the diff, the ECU won't get that signal either, so it could be in limp mode.

it's possible the wires at the diff are broken or even the sensor, so get that speedo working and maybe it will fix your othe problem.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

With the speedo not working as well it sounds like there's no signal from the diff.

Just for fun fill me in a little more on the road speed signal and your harness adapter, did you wire up pin 14 on the x20 side so that there is actually a signal getting to the DME?

Just because the late model cars have the signal there doesn't mean that the engine side of the harness is connected to it, you still have to wire up the adapter or x20 plug for it.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

No harness adapter. I just use the e30 and e36 ETM and that's how I did it. Everything works except for the speedo. It was working before the swap. Everything seems to work except for that problem that it won't rev past 3500 rpm, it chokes.

Comment

you need to get the speedo working; the ECU gets it's signal from the instrument cluster, so if the speedo on the cluster isn't working, the ECU won't see it either.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Oh ok. I don't know what to check Everything seems fine. Probably because it doesn't have a chip? I already ordered one.

Comment

Check the diff sender and wiring like nando said. Did you have the cluster out of the car? A broken wire behind the cluster is also a possibility in that case.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

So, it doesn't have anything to do with not having a chip? (413 red label on s50 engine.)

Yea I check the wires in the back today. I'll look into the diff sender and wiring tomorrow, thanks.

Comment

Found the problem. Thanks everyone.
                            Last edited by blackhawkimpact; 11-02-2010, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X