Critique my S50 parts list!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
    weird, my DME is a silver label, from a 95\04 M3, but I have a jim comforti chip #5060-3000 which should not have any ews delete...
    Right, because you have a silver 506 as shown by your chip that starts with #506, which as i said before doesnt have EWS
    -Alex

Comment

op, Depending on which tranny you use, seem to be a 240, you will need to modify your tranny brace. A member here on R3v is selling pemodified brace. The tranny will shift a couple of degree, thats why you will need this.

Still confuse with my DME versus ews...
      If he's using a late model 240, he doesn't need to modify it.

Comment

Originally posted by Uber E30 View Post
        Right, because you have a silver 506 as shown by your chip that starts with #506, which as i said before doesnt have EWS
        My DME is a silver label 413. I Just talked with Drew form TMS and he told me that the EWS can be deleted with wiring. From what I know (chip #, DME # and wire EWS delete possibility), I will look at the wiring. My EWS is probably still functionnal in the DME, but simulated with a wiring gymnastic.
        E30 now S52
        2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
        325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Well i cant comment on deleting EWS with a wire but some very random silver 413's do not have EWS, and those boards are identical to a 506 or a red 413. Any chip for a 506, red 413, or the non EWS silver 413 can be used on all three of those ECU's. For example you can have a 506 chip on a 413 red, however a non EWS chip wont "work" on a silver 413 with EWS.
          -Alex

Comment

My DME is a silver label 413. I Just talked with Drew form TMS and he told me that the EWS can be deleted with wiring. From what I know (chip #, DME # and wire EWS delete possibility), I will look at the wiring. My EWS is probably still functionnal in the DME, but simulated with a wiring gymnastic.
            Wrong.

Well, not entirely correct anyway. This only works if the car has the EWS module installed. In other words, it works in an E36, NOT in an E30 swap car. You need a non-EWS ECU, or an EWS delete chip in an E30.
            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
              Wrong.

Well, not entirely correct anyway. This only works if the car has the EWS module installed. In other words, it works in an E36, NOT in an E30 swap car. You need a non-EWS ECU, or an EWS delete chip in an E30.
              So I would have a non EWS 413 Silver label DME?
              E30 now S52
              2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
              325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

I know nothing about non-EWS silver 413s. What I do know, however, is that the wire that you are supposed to cut to disable EWS in an E36 is not only not connected, but non-existent in the E30 wiring harness.

I would be very careful about buying chips for that DME. What you have on the chip may not match the label. If I were you, I'd see if the car will start with a stock chip out of a 413 red label. That'll conclusively tell you whether or not EWS is present in your ECU.
                2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

DO NOT buy the THR booster.

I paid $275 for it. I put it in and it doesn't fucking work. I contacted them about it a few times, and they won't do anything about it.

In fact, I'd avoid THR in general. Everything they offer, you can get from somewhere that actually has good customer service.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
                  2008 VW Rabbit
                  1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

If your ECU is working with a 506 chip then yes.
                    -Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X