Transmission's for m50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission's for m50

Ok so I've been searching for a while and am so confused. Can an eta transmission be used with an m50? I believe the one I have is a 260 from an eta. I've heard only late model ones fit and early model ones don't unless u shave the flywheel.
    Originally posted by TimKninja
    Racelands are cheap shit.
    Originally posted by whodwho
    So are r3v members
    Originally posted by Cabriolet
    dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

I have a 260 on my m50, unfortunately its on its way out.

Comment

So it's a direct fit? With all the flywheel and PP from the 260. Is it on it's way out because of the m50 or was it on the way out already? Thanks for the help.
      So are r3v members
      dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

I didn't know there was a difference between which g260 was used. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though. I'd kind of like to know this as well because I was thinking about a 24V swap into my '87 eta.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastm50 View Post
          So it's a direct fit? With all the flywheel and PP from the 260. Is it on it's way out because of the m50 or was it on the way out already? Thanks for the help.
          Hokay, if you wanna use the g260 with a 24v motor you need a custom trans brace. Your fly/clutch options are as follows: e36 flywheel and clutch with e36 starter and g260 pilot and throwout bearing OR m20 fly/clutch with m20 starter and g260 pilot and throwout bearing. Both use the e30 slave cylinder. Hokay? Hokay.

Also, if this is an early trans with a sheet metal shift console you'll need the later model aluminum arm to get the shifter to sit right, otherwise its a total pain in the ass. So i guess you don't NEED it, but you should WANT it.

Comment

Alright got it thanks for the help guys.
            So are r3v members

Comment

I am trying to purchase a transmission modified cross-member for my m50 swap, but i have had no luck finding it, if you guys could let me know how or where i can order one that would be great. trying to start my swap this weekend.

Comment

ya PM white325is

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

ok thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                    Hokay, if you wanna use the g260 with a 24v motor you need a custom trans brace. Your fly/clutch options are as follows: e36 flywheel and clutch with e36 starter and g260 pilot and throwout bearing OR m20 fly/clutch with m20 starter and g260 pilot and throwout bearing. Both use the e30 slave cylinder. Hokay? Hokay.

Also, if this is an early trans with a sheet metal shift console you'll need the later model aluminum arm to get the shifter to sit right, otherwise its a total pain in the ass. So i guess you don't NEED it, but you should WANT it.
                    I used the e36 TO bearing with my e36 flywheel and clutch, pretty sure it's what you need in that case.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                      ya PM white325is
                      +1
                      i have one in my car and it lines up perfectly. Nice piece from a good dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Visser View Post
                        I used the e36 TO bearing with my e36 flywheel and clutch, pretty sure it's what you need in that case.

I used whatever TO bearing was already in the car. Which woould bee the stock e30 one. I guess either is okay.

Comment

question regarding throwout bearings. Why is it for the getrag 240's you need to use the euro throwout bearing? Never received or found a definitive answer on this...

Comment

i would like to know that as well

Comment

The Euro TO bearing is thicker. I believe it effects pedal travel.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Working...
                              X